FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

This isn't looking great at the moment. Dunne possibly not playing, plus Milner may not be ready (even if he does play).

Then there is Chelsea welcoming back Cole and Drogba. Not good.... :(

We'll still win 2-1 though. :D

I'm worried about Malouda; He is in great form at the moment and He directed the show from midfield against Utd. I would think about playing 4-5-1 from the start in this game, I believe it will be crucial in stopping their midfield, which is littered with invention, from creating any sort of rhythm or momentum.

We must be positive from the start and look to exploit their obvious weakness, pace. If we score first, I believe it will bring a nervous and mistake ridden disposition to their game which we can exploit further.

UTV

Can someone bring me up to speed on John Terry, i must have missed something

Have you been living under a rock since christmas?

Correct, just outside of Padstow, how do you know?

If your talking about his affair, honestly couldn't give a toss, thats his business, if thats what your on about you must be at odds with half the country. :yawn:

This isn't looking great at the moment. Dunne possibly not playing, plus Milner may not be ready (even if he does play).

Then there is Chelsea welcoming back Cole and Drogba. Not good.... :(

We'll still win 2-1 though. :D

Cole wont be back until after we play them.

If your talking about his affair, honestly couldn't give a toss, thats his business, if thats what your on about you must be at odds with half the country. :yawn:

also this

i am looking forward to this a lot, it will be my first trip to the new wembley. i had the misfortune of going to the bolton semi final in 2000 which was perhaps the dullest game of all time (in a close run race with the final that year).

think we can nick this 2-1.

Think we need to go 4-5-1 for this:

Friedel, L Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, A Young, Milner, Petrov, Delph, Downing and Agbonlahor.

Exact team I'd pick.

It won't be.

It will be Carew and Collins in for Delph and Luke Young. MON has a nasty habit of only making the easy subs like Delph off, even when he's our best player. Maybe it's to answer his critics who say he doesn't make enough subs.

Think we need to go 4-5-1 for this:

Friedel, L Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, A Young, Milner, Petrov, Delph, Downing and Agbonlahor.

Exact team I'd pick.

It won't be.

It will be Carew and Collins in for Delph and Luke Young. MON has a nasty habit of only making the easy subs like Delph off, even when he's our best player. Maybe it's to answer his critics who say he doesn't make enough subs.

Not sure on the subs bit but I'd go with that team too. We need to get control of midfield, which we were doing well at Stamford Bridge until we went 442.

Start with that frustrate them and nick goals on the break with Gabby showing Terry up as the slow donkey he is.

also this

Well!!!!!!!!!6 of one half a dozen of the other, fact is I would be disappointed if MON hadn't have come up with something the fend of criticism after such an unbelievable result, have to say for Terry to come out and say we wasn't fit or to say we was tired, or run out of energy as a reason for such a thrashing is actually quite gracious of the bloke, he could he come out and said Villa where utterly crap and at 7-1 he wouldn't have been to far wide of the mark, so I've got no problems with that either, mountains out of mole hills there me thinks.

Most important game of our season. Lose it, and realistically, our season is over.

Chelsea are a much better team than ourselves and we'll need a lot of energy and a bit of luck to get ourselves into the final.

4-4-2 and use the bigger pitch to stretch the 3 in Chelsea midfield. This should give us more chance than 4-5-1 as we don't get our 2 centre midfielders in support quick enough to get behind Chelsea. Also as we did at VP against Chelsea get into Terry from the off and that includes the Villa fans. :lol:

Pilchard, I think you've hit the nail on the head, IMO, any team can achieve anything if they want it bad enough, we really have to want this, we have to overcome the 7-1 that Chelsea will be ubber confident about, we may have to overcome injuries, even so we can do this, i also agree we will need a bit of the old luck.

I think if we can target there midfield to start, take the sting out of that and go from there.

Also i would throw the how to book out the window and say to Gabby and Ash "Go for it", do what you want, cause mayhem, make life difficult, score score score with complete uninhibited freedom....I really think its worth that risk, its a cup game, there is no come back, lets go for the win and the performance and see if total freedom throws up a few surprises and catches Chelsea wrong footed and a completely different show than we gave them a couple of weeks ago.....................also the plus to this is that if we show " No Fear" that will send out the message the defeat didn't rattle us..............