Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

There was a point in the second hlaf that the linesman gave a corner, and that rocket polisher Dowd over-ruled him, even tho it seemed both were unsure...

However, even with 10 men we should of at least drew with WBA at home.

This is more worrying.

yep if you belive your own eyes and award a corner instead of a goal kick when the linesmen was better positioned. Why dont you use the same rule for a tussle in the box you cock on a stick!!

yep if you belive your own eyes and award a corner instead of a goal kick when the linesmen was better positioned. Why dont you use the same rule for a tussle in the box you cock on a stick!!
Could be he watched the incident at half time and felt like his colleague stitched him right up.

Could be he watched the incident at half time and felt like his colleague stitched him right up.

Because both were watching the incident where the ball clearly hit Heskey (I think it was) and went out for a corner.

While the penalty, I imagine he was following the ball and the tussle was off the ball.

Completely different situations.

And why was Foster not given a card?

No one told him about the last man rule.

You might want to brush up on your own knowledge. There is no 'last man rule'.

The law regards the prevention of a clear goalscoring opportunity. Which Foster didn't.

He should NOT be allowed to referee us ever again. I'm not saying this because I'm pissed off at the result either. For some reason he is not capable of officiating our games fairly and constantly employs double standards. I know we always say we get shit refs (I imagine most football fans say this) but when he referees our games he truly does influence them against us.

I agree he shouldnt ref our games again. As I said in the ratings thread he seems to be spurred on by the fans giving hi stick to be even shitter.

An absolute farcical decision today which I hope gets overturned because Herd was brilliant and the best player on the park.

He was just acting on what the linesman advised him.

It was an awful decision, but the responsibility lies with Cann not Dowd.

I accept your comment to a point, but the red card was produced very quickly by Dowd, I know they have headsets but could he not have walked over to the linesman to have discussed the incident a little more- such as what did you think you saw (a stamp), what was the context (a coming together of falling/unbalanced players), was your view impaired (yes, it was), did the person receiving the alleged stamp show any reaction, pain or injury (no he carried on with absoutely no appeal or reaction and challenged for a high ball at the edge of the box 18 yards away about 2 seconds later) etc. For example, I have noticed that rugby World Cup referees who always consult in detail with linesmen when they flag an offence. On a related point the TV audience can also hear these discussions- a bit of welcome transparency...)

Perhaps the lazy word removed just couldn't be arsed to walk the 40 yards for a chat.

Gabby had just flicked the ball past the keeper and had Foster not brought him down he'd have had an open goal in front of him. Pretty clear goal scoring opportunity if you ask me.

The worst part was when Hutton was took out, pouring with blood and the idiot played on as they were 3v2. Somehow Dunne got back and won the ball though.

i agree, game is supposed to be stopped for head injuries

He was just acting on what the linesman advised him.

It was an awful decision, but the responsibility lies with Cann not Dowd.

I accept your comment to a point, but the red card was produced very quickly by Dowd, I know they have headsets but could he not have walked over to the linesman to have discussed the incident a little more- such as what did you think you saw (a stamp), what was the context (a coming together of falling/unbalanced players), was your view impaired (yes, it was), did the person receiving the alleged stamp show any reaction, pain or injury (no he carried on with absoutely no appeal or reaction and challenged for a high ball at the edge of the box 18 yards away about 2 seconds later) etc. For example, I have noticed that rugby World Cup referees who always consult in detail with linesmen when they flag an offence. On a related point the TV audience can also hear these discussions- a bit of welcome transparency...)

Perhaps the lazy word removed just couldn't be arsed to walk the 40 yards for a chat.

This is exactly right.

He's the worst ref I've seen since Uriah Rennie and Mr Rennie was rightly demoted. The same should happen to that fat **** as he is so clearly incompetent in his role as a Premier League referee. He ruined the game and is, in my mind, bordering on being exclusively bias against Aston Villa.

I don't think Dowd did too much wrong yesterday. If anything we were lucky he didn't send of Hutton.

The linesman however...

Do you realise what you've said?

He didn't do too much wrong, yet should of sent Hutton off. So he did a lot wrong and got a lot of decisions wrong for both sides!

Â