Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

So one of the referees he looks upto, Jack Taylor, also once famously bowed to the pressure of the 'bigger' team during a cup final, not just any cup final, the 1974 World Cup final. Beckenbauer accused him of being biased towards the Netherlands and so he swung the game Germanys way.

Strange - he is famous for giving the Netherlands a very early penalty in that game against the hosts (West Germany) - "Big Jack" was not one for taking sides

p.s. Dowd is still responsible for one of the biggest cock end displays from a ref

So one of the referees he looks upto, Jack Taylor, also once famously bowed to the pressure of the 'bigger' team during a cup final, not just any cup final, the 1974 World Cup final. Beckenbauer accused him of being biased towards the Netherlands and so he swung the game Germanys way.

Strange - he is famous for giving the Netherlands a very early penalty in that game against the hosts (West Germany) - "Big Jack" was not one for taking sides

p.s. Dowd is still responsible for one of the biggest cock end displays from a ref

Cruyff won the penalty fairly as he was taken from behind inside the area, straight after Taylor called for a penalty, Beckenbauer went over to him and suggested that he was being unfair to them because he was English and they were German.

As the game went on, he gave non sense decisions Germany's way and also awarded them a penlty which was clearly a dive.

Beckenbauer has admitted in the past to saying things to Taylor to influence him and also Uli Hoeness (or whoever it was that dived) admitted that they did dive.

So there you go.

May be just a little paranoid on my part but has anyone else got the impression that there has been a sudden decrease in referee decisions in our favour and increase in yellow cards for our players since the fall-out from the Dowd performance?

The bloke last week seemed happy for Stoke to hack away and today I initially though Bennett was being his usual prick self but there were some decisions tonight that just seemed crooked.

Anyway, just a conspiracy theory I'm putting out there for you all.

May be just a little paranoid on my part but has anyone else got the impression that there has been a sudden decrease in referee decisions in our favour and increase in yellow cards for our players since the fall-out from the Dowd performance?

The bloke last week seemed happy for Stoke to hack away and today I initially though Bennett was being his usual prick self but there were some decisions tonight that just seemed crooked.

Agree with this.... Stoke officiating was suspect...last night's performance was downright appalling!

What is going on???!!!! It makes you wonder if there is a hidden agenda....

I was really proud of our players last night because they won DESPITE the cards being stacked against them.

Nothing to do with the dowd affair - it's the end of season fix to ensure plop get their chumps league place - watch citeh and spudz be on the wrong end of the 50/50 decision count over the next few weeks.

Would certainly explain the huge amount of bookings we are picking up and the fact Gerrard seems to be allowed to do as he wishes. Not so long ago I argued on here that refs in this country aren't bent in terms of match fixing and I stand by that, they are though clearly influenced in favour of the Sky 4.

In some countries you can request that a referee never refs your teams games again.

I remember a few years ago about 10 Italian clubs didnt want Collina refereeing their games and it was accepted by the FA. It was revoked after about 2 months

Â