Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

Anybody see MONs comments today when asked if Carews goals were offside?

He said something about "Don't ask me about officials, did you see the Carling Cup final" :-D

I found that quite embarrassing to be honest, yes Dowd is a knob, but it was nearly a month ago now, the manager of all people should have moved on by now instead of remaining bitter.

He said something about "Don't ask me about officials, did you see the Carling Cup final" :-D

I found that quite embarrassing to be honest, yes Dowd is a knob, but it was nearly a month ago now, the manager of all people should have moved on by now instead of remaining bitter.

Oh come on, lighten up! It was tongue in cheek!

I'd be worried if he wasn't annoyed to be honest.

Watching the Wolves game too. How the hell was that not a penalty in the first half? Dowd was looking straight at it with a perfect view but still managed to keep his composure and remain clearing in the woods enough not to give a pen.

Also the challenge from Kovac (I think) earlier on and he kicked the ball and he gave a free kick?! He can't give a decision under pressure.. he wouldn't give that (the peno you referred to) at Upton park in front of teh West Ham fans and he wouldn't send Vidic off in front of the United fans in a cup final. He is a cock end of.

Apparently there are official Football League assessment forms available online. If you have a look at criteria for "poor and unacceptable" Phil Dowd matches it in so many games.

Assessment Form

Marking Criteria

Would be nice if these forms were taken notice of by football's corrupt, spineless governing bodies.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Has this clearing in the woods reffered us since? IF he has i must of sadly missed it.
As far as I know he has not reffed us since.

It's pathetic. They obviously know he made the wrong call hence why they've kept him away from us.

Has this clearing in the woods reffered us since? IF he has i must of sadly missed it.
As far as I know he has not reffed us since.

It's pathetic. They obviously know he made the wrong call hence why they've kept him away from us.

What are the odds he'll ref the match next saturday against ManUre????

It would be bloody typical :winkold:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Â