The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Now? Think it would cost your remaining tariff until the contract is up (e.g. if you pay £30 a month and you have 3 months left it would cost you £90). Once contract is up though it's obviously free to cancel it.

Is there any news on whether Orange will be selling iphones?

I dont want to have to change my number ideally.

get the touch HD, it's absolutely WIN!

if you know how to use a computer then you shouldn't have a problem with the touch HD. Lots of cool applications out for it, that are free. Plus the screen is much better than the iphone (colour wise and clarity).

Plus if you tell orange you are thinking of leaving and getting an iphone (like I did), they should offer you a deal like mine

1200 minutes to mobiles

3000 minute to landlines

500 texts

unlimited 3G browsing

£24 per month incl VAT.

and the touch HD was just £28. (comes with 8gb micro sd card).

iPhone OS 3.0 is the biggest upgrade since the OS initial launch with iPhone 1st gen.

There is shed loads of improvements, from copy and pasting to sending pictures messages.

Its getting closer to its Mac OS Leopard cousin with each update.

32GB and 16GB to replace current capacities

$199 and $299 price-points to be maintained

3.2 Megapixel camera

Video recording & editing capabilities

Ability to send a picture & video via MMS

Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device

OLED screen

1.5X The battery life

Double the RAM and processing power

Built-in FM transmitter

Apple logo on the back to light up

Rubber-tread backing

Sleeker design

Built-in compass

Revolutionary combination of the camera, GPS, compass, and Google maps to identify photo and inform about photo locations.

Turn by turn directions

July 17th, 2009 release date

Nice!

I would be very surprised if we see a new Iphone this year especially with all the hype surrounding os 3.0. I read virtually the same specs on a mac rumours forum a while ago it was a combination of forum members wishlists for the next model.

It sounds good but alot of improvements over the minor irritations will be made with OS 3.0 which is out in June i think.

Particularly looking forward to texting in landscape....especially after a few shandys.

If they release a new iphone i'm not sure the changes outlined will make that much difference. They sound more like tweaks then anything headline grabbing. I suppose they dont need to do much as it is already excellent....if they could improve the photos and include a flash then i think that would be the easiest way of grabbing more of the market.

Increasing both the capacity and the batter life are very welcome though.

Is there any news on whether Orange will be selling iphones?

I dont want to have to change my number ideally.

get the touch HD, it's absolutely WIN!

if you know how to use a computer then you shouldn't have a problem with the touch HD. Lots of cool applications out for it, that are free. Plus the screen is much better than the iphone (colour wise and clarity).

Plus if you tell orange you are thinking of leaving and getting an iphone (like I did), they should offer you a deal like mine

1200 minutes to mobiles

3000 minute to landlines

500 texts

unlimited 3G browsing

£24 per month incl VAT.

and the touch HD was just £28. (comes with 8gb micro sd card).

Im on my third WM phone (HTC Touch) and had been looking at the Touch HD but I am being swayed towards an Iphone because of the simplicity.

Ive done tweaking on all my phones and spend too much time on XDA Developers site but to be honest I need a smartphone but have got bored of Windows Mobile.

I will wait and see if a new Iphone comes out and how WM6.5 looks before deciding.

• 2 weeks later...
Â