The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

The only thing i wonder is whether the iphone will ultimately kill the ipod, particularly as the capacity increases.

Hmm I think not in the near future, as someone who has over 1ooGb of music in his library and is constantly adding to it, I'd find a one device does all solution both attractive thats its just the one bit of kit to carry around but I can't see an iphone that has the capacity, the battery life to play 8 hours a day and be a phone too in the near future. If they can sort a device that will play my music for that length of time and allow me to makes calls and play music simultaneously with a huge capacity and a long battery life then they may kill the Pod but I just can't see it tbh

I read recently, some company is working on a battery cell which re-charges itself over time, doesn't waste any energy and can also store more - and get this, it will be smaller than anything out there. An example was given that you could easily power a multifunctional phone with everything on, in bluetooth, MP3 player, games and much more for something like 24 hours without a full charge.

Can't remember where I read it though, probably at Uni in library.

Ive used an iPhone briefly and now have a Nokia 5800.

To be honest im happy with what I have, best phone i've ever had, does everything an iPhone does and comes with better tarrifs.

free internet?

To be honest im happy with what I have, best phone i've ever had, does everything an iPhone does and comes with better tarrifs.

free internet?

Its hardly Free on iphone is it.

free internet?

Its hardly Free on iphone is it.

So how much do they charge me for it?

I used to get charged for it on Vodafone and had a very similar tariff price wise with similar minutes and messages, now I don't get charged any more per month and use the internet a hell of a lot more, sure somewhere in my £30 a month is a charge for the internet but the point is my bill is less and I use the internet more, much more. I see that as a win for me

OK I se your point I suppose I should have said unmetered internet

Iphone is a fantastic bit of kit, I have an itouch so have a good idea of what it can do. I just cannot justify it on a 'value for money' basis.

I can see your point in terms of hardware, yes its a much more costly to buy one but tariff wise I think its perfectly fine

Iphone is a fantastic bit of kit, I have an itouch so have a good idea of what it can do. I just cannot justify it on a 'value for money' basis.

I can see your point in terms of hardware, yes its a much more costly to buy one but tariff wise I think its perfectly fine

I suppose it comes down to what you want from your tariff, if orange hadn't offered me this phone and deal i'd have been tempted to go for an iPhone. But the cost and the difference in tariff meant it was no contest really.

Reading those articles I fail to see what makes it so superior to any similar phone in all honesty.

Alot of the tweaks and improvments are available on other phones already.

Seems alot of money for a status symbol to me.

It may be a status symbol but the fact is it is by far the best phone I've ever owned. It costs a little bit more per month than my old phone contract but that's justified by the unlimited internet which I didn't get on my old contract.

There may be better phones out there, better tariffs, better apps phones etc etc, but the iphone is the most popular for a reason. And if that's just down to Apple's marketing and people falling for it then that's just good business so fair play to them.

Â