• Petrov
    • Milner
    • Ashley Young
    • Downing
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sub: Carew
    • Sub: Sidwell

So many top 4 challengers (including us last year) faded away after January. I think MON has made a tactical decision to alter the way we play to keep us steady - although we don't show the ambition we would have in the previous 2 years it feels to me like we are in a better position(mentally for example) for the run in. We have lost only 2 of our last 19 games and are in the hunt for 2 Cups and 4th. How people think 'questions will be asked' depending on the next couple of games beats me, but I suspect we will play more adventourously for the rest of this month.

And as for the guy that thinks Man U were there for the taking ...do you watch much football ? They were superb and we did well to get a point - could so easily have won it with John C penalty claim, or lost it with Roonetys effort in the 2nd half.

As MON said, look at some of the results around last night - it isn't as easy as people think.

Going to villa park is beginning to not be fun, too many **** moaning rocket polishers around.

Dont go then!

They pay their money and can do what they like, the same way you pay yours to sit on your high horse.

Good result i think, anything other than a loss to Utd is a good point.

We're going to actually have to create something in the final mind..

Haha it's quite comfortable on my high horse thanks and i'm happy to be on it, it's always a good thing as a supporter to actually support the team.

Going to villa park is beginning to not be fun, too many **** moaning rocket polishers around.

Dont go then!

They pay their money and can do what they like, the same way you pay yours to sit on your high horse.

Good result i think, anything other than a loss to Utd is a good point.

We're going to actually have to create something in the final mind..

Haha it's quite comfortable on my high horse thanks and i'm happy to be on it, it's always a good thing as a supporter to actually support the team.

To be fair to John there were a few people on about the whinging last night and at previous games and though I just accept it Villa park dowsn't get a good an atmosphere going when you get the negativity going round as much as it is. The 12th man is to cheer on the team though thick and thin.

Dont get me wrong! we all whinge during games, substitutes, Sidwell etc but some of the expectations onthe team are unrealistic and some people forgot last night who we were playing and whinged about stupid things.

I thought we played pretty well for most of the game. It's a good result and I'm pleased with two points from the last two, I think it keeps us in the race.

Utd are a difficult proposition at 4-4-1, it doesn't change their ability to control games much and Rooney can still keep a defence on its toes. That said, we didn't go for the jugular and maybe could have pressed more. I thought Milner dropped deep and went out of the game in the second half, particularly when Petrov went off, in fact after Petrov went off Sidwell was more often than not the more advanced of the two of them.

I never thought I'd live to see such a thing, but Milner looked tired.

Hopefully Stan's injury isn't too bad because Sidwell isn't good enough and with Reo Coker also out it leaves us with a hole in the middle of the park. Delph and Salifou for Palace?

I thought Downing was the best of our three creative midfielders although I also thought Young had the beating of Evra, he just couldn't get on the ball often enough.

Red card looked a definite for me, it doesn't matter if he took the ball or not, once you jump into a player like that nowadays you've got to go. I also thought the penalty looked a good shout.

United's players behaviour was appalling I thought, Fletcher spent around half of his time screaming obscenities into the face of the referee, Wes Orange once again gave another bafflingly unbooked display of the dark arts and when Edwin Van Der Saar felt the need to run forty yards out of his goal in the last minute in an effort to persuade the referee to send off Ashley Young I'm afraid I shouted something about his wife. (I know, I'm sorry.)

Overall, it's a very good point, there were some things for us to learn and I'm a little worried that we tired and are picking up injuries, but on the plus side we were more than a match for one of the best sides in the country and we look very difficult to beat.

We've got some much simpler fixtures ahead and I think we push on from here.

You must have been watching a different game than me mate. You say we played well. If that is the case then i wouldn't like to see us playing badly.

An absolute rubbish performance by us with no one further forward from our defence deserving of any praise whatsoever. No creativity, no ball retention and no cutting edge.

The only thing i do agree about your post is that we have now got a run of easier fixtures ahead.

Wierd reaction all round really.

a) I'd have taken a point beforehand.

B) Really disappointed with the point in the end, it just looked like from minute 1 we played for a point

c) When they went down to 10 men, I thought it was our best chance in years to beat them

d) We just didn't even look like we wanted it.

e) Final whistle went and I weren't very happy

f) Then the scores came up and I was ecstatic !

All in all probably a point won than two lost. Thats the run of ridiculous fixtures over and we are 2 points off 4th , and all around have to play each other.

Delph was outstanding for a kid, the last two times he's played I've been hugely impressed.

Sidwell - god knows. I really did think he was a good signing, but he is woeful.

Downing - not gonna have a go at him per-se , I always said anything this year is a bonus. What I will say though is his style seems to nulify our biggest threat - pace. We used to sit back, and break quickly. Now , it comes to Downing and he totally slows the game down and passes sideways. It is a concern for me.

Wierd reaction all round really.

a) I'd have taken a point beforehand.

B) Really disappointed with the point in the end, it just looked like from minute 1 we played for a point

c) When they went down to 10 men, I thought it was our best chance in years to beat them

d) We just didn't even look like we wanted it.

e) Final whistle went and I weren't very happy

f) Then the scores came up and I was ecstatic !

a) me too

B) we were by far the better team in the first half and scored first, this appears to make your point rather silly. Their goal was a daft own goal, the sort of accidental goal that is unavoidable

c) we beat them in our last game

d) I'm sorry but see B)

e) We just drew 1-1 with Man Utd, first time we've been unbeaten in league fixtures against them for over 15 years I think, just goes prove that there really is no pleasing some people

f) me too

Milner had an absolute mare, everytime he had possession he squandered it. and the best chance fell to him so I knew it wouldn't go in (to be fair he did dig it out for himself)

Cuellar was the best player last night no one else had any urgency. We looked better 11 against 11 than when nani got sent off.

It was just bad luck that Delph went off then Petrov got injured.

Had to applaud Wayne Rooney when he chased Ashley Young the length of the pitch and ended up in the right back position where he slide tackled Young put the ball out and left Ash on his árse.

On the whole a frustrating game. I think we showed them too much respect.

First time I've been able to get on here after having to travel back to Uni early this morning.

Anyway it's a decent result even though they had ten men, it's still Manure and we have taken four points off them this season. It's not so long ago we were battered by them in every game we play against. Surprisingly I can't really fault the manager although we lacked ideas going forward at times, we were fairly solid and created one or two openings in which (with more luck) we might have scored.

Anyway ratings:

Friedel 9- Must be close to a 10, in fact most probably was. Some brilliant saves and anitcipation to come out when neccessary. It so refreshing to see that we have one of the best keepers in the league between the sticks. Seems to be getting better if anything.

Cuellar 8- Good goal but all round defending was surperb again, what a player he is turning out to be.

Dunne 8- See Cuellar minus the goal. Got in the way of everything.

Collins 7- Solid performance again, throws himself in the way of anything.

L.Young 7- Thought he had a good game, tried to get forward a bit and also defending was great against both Nani and Valencia.

Downing 6- Not a great performance, gave the ball away in areas too many times though did some defensive work well.

Milner 6- See Downing

Petrov 6- Did fairly well, don't think that disgraceful tackle in the first half helped, could barely stand and had to be replaced.

Delph 7- I liked the look of him. Got on the ball well, tried to make things happen and was picking up the second ball. I don't think we were passing him the ball enough really as there were countless times he was in space and didn't get it.

A.Young 6- Few runs, troubled both their full backs at times but lacked a touch of consistency.

Agbonlahor 7- Worked really hard again and was involved in some good moves, I can't believe he was called lazy on here.

Carew 6- Did ok, nothing wonderful but should have had the penalty.

Sidwell 3- Must have given the ball away about three times in a row when he came on, was really quite poor.

All in all a perhaps frustrating time when they had ten men, but it isn't easy to play against let alone when you are playing the Champions. If we wanted to go 4-4-2 Delph should be the man to be replaced because he doesn't work in a 4 at the moment. It was just unlucky that Petrov got injured really. MON made the positive move to bring Carew on. Oh and whoever called in talking about how the performance was 'inept', a 'disgrace' and an 'embarrassment' might want to look at themselves before they throw those words around IMO.

I think we're actually better than the team think we are, we looked overly cautious against a United team who were there for the taking last night and a bit more impetus and adventure could well have won us the game.

We haven't lost in the last 4 league games, drawing with Arsenal, United and Spurs and beating Fulham away at the start of those games most of us would've taken 6 points.

Delph was brilliant, as was King Carlos and Brad. Carew seems past it and uninspired, i still can't work out what Sidders brings to the team.

Overall; i never thought i'd be disappointed with a draw against United, oh and Rooney is immense.

I thought we played pretty well for most of the game. It's a good result and I'm pleased with two points from the last two, I think it keeps us in the race.

Utd are a difficult proposition at 4-4-1, it doesn't change their ability to control games much and Rooney can still keep a defence on its toes. That said, we didn't go for the jugular and maybe could have pressed more. I thought Milner dropped deep and went out of the game in the second half, particularly when Petrov went off, in fact after Petrov went off Sidwell was more often than not the more advanced of the two of them.

I never thought I'd live to see such a thing, but Milner looked tired.

Hopefully Stan's injury isn't too bad because Sidwell isn't good enough and with Reo Coker also out it leaves us with a hole in the middle of the park. Delph and Salifou for Palace?

I thought Downing was the best of our three creative midfielders although I also thought Young had the beating of Evra, he just couldn't get on the ball often enough.

Red card looked a definite for me, it doesn't matter if he took the ball or not, once you jump into a player like that nowadays you've got to go. I also thought the penalty looked a good shout.

United's players behaviour was appalling I thought, Fletcher spent around half of his time screaming obscenities into the face of the referee, Wes Orange once again gave another bafflingly unbooked display of the dark arts and when Edwin Van Der Saar felt the need to run forty yards out of his goal in the last minute in an effort to persuade the referee to send off Ashley Young I'm afraid I shouted something about his wife. (I know, I'm sorry.)

Overall, it's a very good point, there were some things for us to learn and I'm a little worried that we tired and are picking up injuries, but on the plus side we were more than a match for one of the best sides in the country and we look very difficult to beat.

We've got some much simpler fixtures ahead and I think we push on from here.

You must have been watching a different game than me mate. You say we played well. If that is the case then i wouldn't like to see us playing badly.

An absolute rubbish performance by us with no one further forward from our defence deserving of any praise whatsoever. No creativity, no ball retention and no cutting edge.

The only thing i do agree about your post is that we have now got a run of easier fixtures ahead.

He saw the same game as me except I thought Downing was off last night, to be fair we all see a different game as we all have our own perception.

I would of accepted a point last night but thought we did great in the first half, the second half we were not at our best but was far from rubbish, if so we would have been punished for it would we not? L Young had both his guys in his pocket all game and i thought he would have got more votes than he has. Just a quick reminder to people that were playing the Champions not Burnley.

What OBE and AVFC-POB said. Mostly, at least. Not a disastrous performace from our guys. Not the best, but far from the worst. I mean, spuds and Wigan at home was far worse than this.

Shame about Delph going off as he had a good game. I was really impressed by him. But it was a natural substitution. We needed a big man in the box to try and head home a cross and the most likely to be taken off is the least experienced one. It didn't pay off, but on the other hand, we didn't lose on it either. And Carew is far from the player we used to love. Will he evr be again? I'm sorry but I don't think so.

And we might as well pay someone to take Sidwell from us. I'm not the one who usually driticise players and I'm mostly very patient but he's done almost f**k all since he came here. And he's got worse by the year. Good riddance.

I put down Dunne as the MOTM but Cuellar was close. Just that I thought that Dunne hardly put a foot wrong and sometimes I wonder if we take his performaces too much for granted.

Had to applaud Wayne Rooney when he chased Ashley Young the length of the pitch and ended up in the right back position where he slide tackled Young put the ball out and left Ash on his árse.

Too true IF ONLY we had someone with his desire, work rate and willingness for 95 minutes or so. I thought Rooney was outstanding for them last night, I just hope some of our players take note.

Too true IF ONLY we had someone with his desire, work rate and willingness for 95 minutes or so. I thought Rooney was outstanding for them last night, I just hope some of our players take note.

In all fairness I'd say that we have that player. Not as talented but with the same working rate. James Milner. He didn't have a good game last night, but he usually work like that. And even more, our team can hardly be blamed for not working hard enough.

I thought up until Nani's sending off, it was a fine game to watch. Challenges flying in, plenty of attacking intent from both teams, and lots of quality. Cuellar's goal was very good, it was a fine header.

After Nani got sent off, our players seemed a little restrained like they were scared to go in for hard challenges right up until the midpoint of the second half. Milner looked very tired at the end of the game and must be rested for the FA cup match.

Man U kept the ball well we didn't. That was partly down to not enough bodies getting forward when we were in possession. Carew coming on meant our play reverted back to the pre-November period, which is never going to be sufficient to beat Man U. Still it looked like the right decision at the time. Probably Milner should have been the man to come off as the guy was clearly getting tired, but my guess is Delph will be starting at the weekend, which is why he was taken off.

Downing gave the ball away a lot, but he kept trying to create. It was just one of those days when things didn't go for him. He did look to slow things down when in possession which was a good thing to do, and the other players should have done so as well, as when playing ten men the best tactic is to be patient, keep the ball and make them work. This way but the final 15 minutes they will be worn out and openings will start to show. Man U always had at least 5 or 6 men back once Nani went off and we were only committing 4 bodies forward most of time.

I think MON just didn't want us to get beat, it seems to me that the cup final coming up was the reason for this.

I have no complaints about the draw its a good result, especially considering the other results.

Friedel - 8 - Did what he had to do, no chance on the goal, two good saves.

Cuellar - 8- Fine goal, worked hard, provided an aerial threat when playing 4-5-1/4-3-3, solid defensively, one mistake made all game in the build up to the Man U goal.

L.Young - 7 - Worked hard, provided support to the widemen (particularly in the first half) took players on, but tended to run down blind ally's in the process.

Dunne - 7 - Rock as usual, but Rooney was a real handful.

Collins - 7- Unlucky with the O.G, distribution was good, broke forward out to defense a couple a few times and no one supported him. Solid.

Petrov - 7 - Excellent first half, kept the ball brilliantly, won lots of free kicks, lot creative going forward, faded badly in second most likely due to injury.

Delph - 6.5 - Lively first half, looked good on the ball, took players on and looks to be a star in the making, so long as he can improve his positional play, and remove that odd lapse in concentration. Faded in second half, needs to get fitter.

Milner - 6 - Worked hard as usual, looked tired in second half, passing was not good enough, too many went astray.

Downing - 6 - Lost possession a lot, worked hard, tried to slow things down and keep possession but didn't the support he needed in that respect.

A.Young - 6.5 - Always looking to take on his man, troubled both fullbacks, particularly Rafael, clearly missed having a big man to aim at in the first 60 minutes. Final 40 minutes just never got the support he needed.

Gabby - 6.5 - First half did well posed a threat but his movement in the box really needs to improve. Second half didn't get the supply.

Carew - 5 - Looked a little up for it at first, but never got into the game as the supply was poor and he didn't work hard enough.

Sidwell - 4 - Awful, I really thought he would turn out to be a top player for us, but seem to lack quality. Tried to play holding role, but his movement was non-existent. the amount of times a 15-20 yard run could have opened things up but he just stood there was really frustrating.