• Milner
    • Ashley Young
    • Downing
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sub: Carew
    • Sub: Sidwell

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

I'm pretty sure most of us would have taken 4 points from Man Utd at the start of the season.

Having said that, it's a pity we were so toothless and didn't make the extra man count.

Pretty much this. Sometimes i wonder whether we have the belief to win these sort of games..

I'm pretty sure most of us would have taken 4 points from Man Utd at the start of the season.

Having said that, it's a pity we were so toothless and didn't make the extra man count.

Perfect summing up Si

never mind spineless, that was just brainless!

i guess most of us would have taken a point before the game started, but just for a change, we look knackered, devoid of ideas and without a player capable of changing the game - and there are three months of the season left to play.

Not a great performance against 10 men by any stretch, but it was Man Utd, who regard Villa Park as a home game with the amount of victories they've chalked up here in recent years. They are a very good side, even with 10 men.

Positives are many: good result on paper, we are still two points of 4th after two very difficult games, we are still in a very healthy position as we have a game in hand, spuds lost (at Wolves! :-)), Liverpool lost.

All in all, a good night for us, bar the toothless display for the last hour of the game.

Sidwell and Carew need to be sold in the summer and better quality brought in, without a doubt.

Do I think we're good enough for 4th spot yet? No.

Perfect summing up Si

Seconded, I think that sums it up pretty well. Opportunity missed, however it is another point off Man Utd. I just hope we go on to beat them in the final now.

First 35 mins of that second half were a disgrace. **** disgraceful. We won't get 4th because of our belief that not getting beat is better than trying to win.
Nail on the head. We are a counter attacking team that has forgotten how to counter attack. Our defense is something to be proud of, all things considered. We are toothless.

I am not one to piss and moan about the squad when they drop points, as a rule. It happens. But that was just embarrassingly poor. I never, never want to see a Villa team play that... that... dead again. Stupid, disorganized, pointless, stiff, uncaring, rote... turgid, as one match thread commenter put it.

For once, I'm glad I wasn't at Villa Park. I'd be out of my mind angry with the team if I'd paid the money and sat out in the weather for that.

United's finishing was very poor but they played excellent everywhere else, really tired our lads out. Shame Delph went off I was impressed, shame Nani decided to try and break Petrov's leg with that awful challenge as he wasn't the same afterward.

I'm really pleased with taking 4 points from United, we had chances in the second half, it was always going to be difficult given the recent form of United and there scoring for fun. We contained there defense, it's just so infuriating they score with yet another own goal.

I'm disappointed we couldn't take advantage tonight but other results went in our favour. The referee made some bad calls in the second half, the foul by Brown on Dunne, Rooney should of been booked at least going studs showing above Gabby's ankle, Carew fouled what looked like a clear penalty.

The commentary was awful throughout a total United suck fest, and little credit to our lads who ran and worked their socks off. Cuellar was impressive took his goal well, Collins and Dunne were great at the back yet again.

This.

Tried watching on a stream but gave up but listened on 5live. It sounded like we just were more then happy to take the point. I know we play a counter attacking game but that doesn't mean that we can't take it to teams aswell.

Still, a points a point and getting 4 from united this season is a step in the right direction.

All things considered, I think it's been an ok night. We should've won it but United are a very good side. It was only towards the end of the game where we started to try and push for a winner. Very pleased by Delph's performance though. I expect we'll be seeing a lot more of him.

Anyway, we're 2 points off 4th place with a game in hand. Cheer up!

Wow, possibly one of the worst performances ive seen from Villa. Man U got a free ride today, hardly had to run for 90mins despite beeing a man down.

Great saves by Friedel, Dunne is class and nice goal by Carlos. We had about four different central midfielders today, the best of them is the one getting subbed......

Downing was abysmal, so was Sidwell. Milner was very poor, horrible passing. We had no desire, no flair and no idea. Oneill was clueless with his "tactics"

and the substitutions were boring and as usual, in with Carew and Sidwell......how often do they pay off? Today also showed how much we need a

creative central midfielder, because we are one of the most boring and predictable teams in the league when it comes to ideas from midfield. Simply because

there are none, apart from the crossing from wings.