• Petrov
    • Milner
    • Ashley Young
    • Downing
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sub: Carew
    • Sub: Sidwell

Gabby: I sat and watched his movement when we had possession and my eyes didn't flicker; they remained completely fixed on the same spot.

I'd suggest you were not watching tonight's game, then.

Gabby moved a lot (and held the ball up a lot and played off passes to the midfielders a lot).

I think you are criticizing last season's Gabby.

maybe i've been to too many away games or have become to expectant but our support at home is a shower of shite. Trying to sing in the Holte Upper was hard tonight given the apparent silence half the stand decided to observe.

In fairness mate, it was so dull and the weather so cold that it was never going to be carnival time. I hardly heard a peep out of their fans either. I know I couldn't wait to get home.

It was a good point which I'd happily have taken before the game. But it wasn't a good game.

So I'm left torn about tonight's events.

We've gained a point on Spurs and Liverpool and set ourselves up nicely in the battle for fourth. We've taken four points off Man United, which I think noone would've foreseen before the season.

At the same time, Man United were there for the taking tonight. Down to ten men early on, and far from full strength in defence. Had we been in our best form, we should have and would have done better. The last hour of the game was worrying, in that respect. We really are far from our top level. Going forward, that is. Defensively we are fantastic.

A couple of factors can be found in defense of our performance tonight. It can be argued that Man Utd became even harder to play against after they were down to ten men. They sat unusually deep, and attacked quickly and skillfully when they got a chance. They really deserve a lot of credit for their performance tonight. Paradoxically, we looked a lot better when the numbers were even. It was also very unfortunate for us to lose our lead so quickly. Playing against a Man Utd chasing a goal suits us a lot better than playing against a Man Utd happy enough with a point.

What's dissappointing was our collective effort tonight. A few looked tired, and one looked like he couldn't be bothered. Carew really is a shadow of what he can be at his best. Vast improvement is needed from Big John if he should deserve a place in the squad, let alone the team. I expect improvement from a few key players. Milner, Downing and Young aren't as effective as they should be. A rest would do them a world of good.

Sunday's FA Cup game will be a welcome break from a run of tough leage fixtures. I am confident we will look a lot better soon, and I like the look of our remaining schedule. But we need to put this period behind us, take encouragment from the fact that it has been fairly decent points-wise, and find some energy soon.

Tonight wasn't good enough.

That was an absolute steaming pile of shite. All I ask for is a decent game.

Man Utd had 10 men for most of the game and offered very little - even Rooney never looked like doing much. Despite that, we didn't look l like threatening them at all. Our play in the final third is astonishigly bereft of any kind of movement or skill.

Friedel was good; Cueller decent; the rest around a 5, apart from the following, who were Gash out of 10:

Downing: he's consistent. Consistently shit. That's not to say he's a bad player, but he has been our worst first teamer this season by a mile.

Gabby: I sat and watched his movement when we had possession and my eyes didn't flicker; they remained completely fixed on the same spot.

Carew: **** hell.

I am peeved that I've just sat in Artic conditions having paid £36 for a shit, font-row seat, only to watch a team of players who weren't interested in winning the game. If you didn't go to the game it's easy to say 'a point is a good result and we would have loved 4 points off Man Utd before the start of the season', but I don't care about numbers on a page - all I know is that I was bored by virtually every minute of it.

Downing our worst 'first-teamer'? What do you do have to do to be classed a 'first teamer'? He wasn't even playing regulary until mid-December.. :?

I'd suggest you were not watching tonight's game, then. Gabby moved a lot (and held the ball up a lot and played off passes to the midfielders a lot). I think you are criticizing last season's Gabby.

I disagree I thought he looked shattered, the standing offside at set pieces is IMO pointless, spent alot of time on the shoulder expecting a 40 yard through ball that utd were never going to let happen, poorest game in ages, was brilliant against arsenal and fulham

Jesus, just come back from the game, didn't think it was as bad as your all saying.

Don't forget with 10 men, United beat Spurs earlier 1-3 away from home so when they went down to 10 men, whenever we had the ball, it was very hard to play through them. The main problem I felt was missing Warnock and having L.Young on the otherside to provide quality in the wide areas, I mean Cuellar right back was excellent and Young also but going forward, it's non existant.

Carew is just shit.

Sidwell is just shit.

Why take our best player and most talented player off? (Delph)

I'm glad we've got a point, dissapointed it wasn't more but I really don't believe it was as bad as everyone here is making out, United set up brilliantly in the second half and we're hard to play through.

Anyway we've played Man United and we've gained a point on our rivals tonight which is suprising and positive.

I'd suggest you were not watching tonight's game, then.

Gabby moved a lot (and held the ball up a lot and played off passes to the midfielders a lot).

I think you are criticizing last season's Gabby.

I'm not talking of running in to big, obvious spaces, but when the play had been squeezed and defenders were nearby. In these situations, I can tell you with complete confidence that he didn't have a clue about creating space with clever movement.

And how bad was the ref? As the commentators said, he didnt even look bothered to do his job in the second half. There were some clear yellow cards (Cuellars wrestling move on Rafael, Young poor challenge on Valencia and Rooney poor challenge on Gabby) Not to mention how Brown escaped a yellow card and why Carew wasnt awarded a penalty when Evans clearly held onto his arm with both his hands!

That was an absolute steaming pile of shite. All I ask for is a decent game.

Man Utd had 10 men for most of the game and offered very little - even Rooney never looked like doing much. Despite that, we didn't look l like threatening them at all. Our play in the final third is astonishigly bereft of any kind of movement or skill.

Friedel was good; Cueller decent; the rest around a 5, apart from the following, who were Gash out of 10:

Downing: he's consistent. Consistently shit. That's not to say he's a bad player, but he has been our worst first teamer this season by a mile.

Carew: **** hell.

I am peeved that I've just sat in Artic conditions having paid £36 for a shit, font-row seat, only to watch a team of players who weren't interested in winning the game. If you didn't go to the game it's easy to say 'a point is a good result and we would have loved 4 points off Man Utd before the start of the season', but I don't care about numbers on a page - all I know is that I was bored by virtually every minute of it.

Downing our worst 'first-teamer'? What do you do have to do to be classed a 'first teamer'? He wasn't even playing regulary until mid-December.. :?

But, quite clearly, he has been a first-teamer since then. What's your point?

Plus I think you'll find he was playing quite regularly in November??

Just watched the match and we were poor. Yes we played Man U but we didn't have a clue how to pick up the tempo and tire them out. They did it too us and ran the game. We were doing better against 11 men. For me I thought one of the worst performances of the season. I didn't get excited at all through the game was happy when it was over.

Saying that 4 points of Man U this season I am happy with that. :)

Rest of the results went well for Man City. But Spurs and Blues lost so :D

And how bad was the ref? As the commentators said, he didnt even look bothered to do his job in the second half. There were some clear yellow cards (Cuellars wrestling move on Rafael, Young poor challenge on Valencia and Rooney poor challenge on Gabby) Not to mention how Brown escaped a yellow card and why Carew wasnt awarded a penalty when Evans clearly held onto his arm with both his hands!

I'm sure Fergie had a quiet word at half time, no way was the ref going to give another big decision (in regards to the penalty) against United.

Not giving a penalty for that "tackle" (more like wrestle) on Carew was such a stupid decision.

I thought that we struggled when we went down to ten men...........

........oh shit, it was them who went down to ten men.

They were there for the taking, and O'Neill took off our playmaker and best player, Delph, while others remained.

Downing once again proved that he is twice the player Balaban was, at least in transfer fee.

Young was shockingly poor, yet again.

No pressure, no penetration, against a side that were there for the taking.

I know that O'Neill is lauded by most, but he ain't no tactician, that's for sure!

I'm not talking of running in to big, obvious spaces, but when the play had been squeezed and defenders were nearby. In these situations, I can tell you with complete confidence that he didn't have a clue about creating space with clever movement.

Fair enough, your complete confidence appears to be equivalent to absolute fact.

I'll repeat that I thought I saw Gabby making an awful lot of runs tonight (and holding the ball up and playing it to our midfield). You didn't.

We seemed to have watched different games.

People moaning about a draw against United is a good thing, in my opinion. It means our expectations are higher then they've been for years. Hell, we beat 11 of them at their place already this year!

The other results today fell nicely for us, so onward and upward. Time to grind out the WINS.