• Petrov
    • Milner
    • Ashley Young
    • Downing
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sub: Carew
    • Sub: Sidwell

It really **** me off how many of you guys think that was pathetic.

As someone who is normally on that side of the fence, and generally tired of the negativity and fickle-ness of the Villa fanbase, I will feel free to respond with this: this comment is completely off base. Certainly, Man U played with energy and skill as always, and they are as difficult with 10 men as most teams are with 11. But that doesn't change the fact that we were at home, up a man, with an opportunity to go for a real achievement, and played like absolute shit. That second half was absolutely pathetic. The team did not try, they did not care, they did not work, they did not think.

It really **** me off how many of you guys think that was pathetic. One of the best teams in the world,and we are unhappy with 4 points from them. Every claret and blue player on the pitch played their absolute **** hearts out and worked soooo hard for each other.

god damn, fickle is right.

I should be pissed we drew cause if we had won I woulda cashed an easy $850. But I'm not, 4 points from them and the way we played in this game lifts my spirits, we have what it takes to be top 4. if you think otherwise go see a doctor.

At the start of the season, 4 points would have been a very acceptable prospect. But after 20 minutes of the second game, with the situation as it was then, it's a real disappointment.

It would have been OK if we'd played better and still not been able to break them down, but that really wasn't a good performance.

Downing has been a huge disappointment to be honest, his crossing in particular has been woeful.

Similar to Milner and Young in their first years, I dont think we will see the best of Downing until next season. He hasnt been rubbish, but he hasnt been inspired. Some solid performances and some average. Today he was nowhere to be seen.

It really **** me off how many of you guys think that was pathetic. One of the best teams in the world,and we are unhappy with 4 points from them. Every claret and blue player on the pitch played their absolute **** hearts out and worked soooo hard for each other.

I should be pissed we drew cause if we had won I woulda cashed an easy $850. But I'm not, 4 points from them and the way we played in this game lifts my spirits, we have what it takes to be top 4. if you think otherwise go see a doctor.

Dude, Im rarely ever negative about us but we were **** awful tonight. Manager and team (bar defense)

The game did show one thing though. The only difference between us and Man U is the killer instinct of the forward line. How much has their strike-force cost? This is where we need to improve. The rest will come.

If you say their front line over the course of the evening was Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov & Valencia, then its almost £80m in transfer fees, and probably the best part of two million quid a month in wages. That is what we are competing with though. It seems to me that the leap from where we are to where Man Utd are is a bigger one than the leap from where Burnley are to us. If that makes any sense.

I think we're still missing that all action midfielder, that one who controls the game. Reo-Coker is our closest, although Delph might be one day. We need to rest a fair few players v Palace and Burnley. And if Guzan is playing at Wembley, he could do with a couple of games as well. Downing, Jimmy, Ash and Gabby could make way for Albrighton, Sid, Delph and Fonz

I reckon we are lulling them into a false sense of security, they will believe we can be that average again in the final and we will come out all guns blazing.

Well I can hope thats the case anyway.

I will tell you something we are now bloody tough to beat.

Milner needs a rest, give Delph a run in the midfield for a game or two.

He has tired big time in the latter stages of the last few games now. Id rest him up until Wembley tbf, put him in cotton wool and then unleash him.

Shame we didn't make the extra man count but 4 points off united is nothing to sneeze at.

We are only 2 points behind 4th with a game in hand, there is no way I thought we would be this close after the run of fixtures we have been through.

Completely agree.

The last few weeks have been about staying in touch with our rivals which we have done. During the difficult run of fixtures I have been willing to accept the sometimes poor standard of play.

Will not be so understanding if we are unable to step up a level for the games against Burnley and Sunderland.

I pretty much agreed with this.

Don't know where all this "worst performance ever" stuff is coming from. We played a lot worse against Spuds.

so we were even worse against spurs makes tonight good??? actually i would say that when you are at home, against ten men, with both of their first choice central defenders out and you dont force their keeper into making a save for an hour qualifies as being pretty poor. they are the champions i know, but that doesnt mean we cant have a go at them.

the result is acceptable - no one really is going to argue with that. the list of what was wrong with the performance could go on for volumes though.

other than the back four maybe one of you two could point out a single positive to come out of the game regarding any of the other seven outfielders who played tonight - i exclude delph because he did enough to at least be spared a roasting.

the fact that collins ran 60 yards then had to stop and cuellar was chasing down their keeper in the 92nd minute was fairly indicative of the rest of the teams performance.

The game did show one thing though. The only difference between us and Man U is the killer instinct of the forward line. How much has their strike-force cost? This is where we need to improve. The rest will come.

If you say their front line over the course of the evening was Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov & Valencia, then its almost £80m in transfer fees, and probably the best part of two million quid a month in wages. That is what we are competing with though. It seems to me that the leap from where we are to where Man Utd are is a bigger one than the leap from where Burnley are to us. If that makes any sense.

I know what you mean. I think the Burnley comparison is a bit far-fetched, I mean all we need is a top forward player alongside Gabby to really push on. However much that would cost is a different matter, hopefully it will be addressed in the summer.

would have taken a point at the start, and 4 points of man u this season is good...

but, given we had a man advantage for over an hour the performance was a disgrace. just like against spurs we made no attempt to win the game. whenever we have to bring the attack, create we are clueless. yet again resorting to aimless balls for gabby to chase or for carew to head.

for all the money hes spent on midfielders (over 30 mil on ash, milner and downing) we are woeful in possesion. what do we do in training- we cant even string 2 passes together. MON said at the start of the season there is no doubt we have lots of goals in us. he repeated it a few weeks ago when people started to get concerned. but we still dont look like scoring, still dont create enough.

and i dont like to single out players but i hope that is the last we see of sidwell. hes just not good enough. i think carews finished as well. looks nothing like the guy from last season. downings form is a worry but hopefully its just the being thrown straight in after injury catching up with him.

on a positive note delph did well, can find teammates with a pass and actually shows some movement. we looked better with him in a 5 man midfield. cuellar is fast becoming my favourite player.

hope stans achilles isnt too bad, we looked even worse when he came off!