LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

I'm of the opinion that a score draw or a narrow win is the best result. I wouldn't want a whopping win because it would affect the players mentality for the home leg. We all knwo that when Villa don't put 100% in we can lose to whoever so we need the scores to be reasonably tight in order for the team to take it as seriously as possible.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the opinion that a score draw or a narrow win is the best result. I wouldn't want a whopping win because it would affect the players mentality for the home leg. We all knwo that when Villa don't put 100% in we can lose to whoever so we need the scores to be reasonably tight in order for the team to take it as seriously as possible.

I'd take 4 or 5 nil and be confident of getting to the final. I'd be less confident with a nil-nil. :winkold:

Milner has slipped over and bruised his hip!! (OS)

.. but Martin says he'll be fit and available. phew! You scared me for a minute gaffer!

3-1 or 3-0 villa

Milner would play if he'd only got one leg, frost bite in the other, was required to play naked, was required to score three goals and would do, was required to carry the team coach with all the lads in on his back all the way to Blackburn, across deep snow, treacherous ice packs and vicious polar bears, He will play.

C'mon you Villa boys.

Gabby lets see some high powered goals.

Ash...........some nice twists and turns please, little dinks in and Gabby to drive home.

Strong defence.

up the Villa.

Milner has slipped over and bruised his hip!! (OS)

.. but Martin says he'll be fit and available. phew! You scared me for a minute gaffer!

3-1 or 3-0 villa

Ash...........some nice twists and turns please, little dinks in and Gabby to drive home.

I thought you were talking about a new series of Strictly Come Dancing then :lol:

UP THE VILLA!

I came into work at 7 so that I could leave at 3...

3 minutes left!!!!!

Come on Villa!!!!

hmmm... Dunne to score from a corner, Ash from open play, Milner to be our central-midfield-beast as usual!

Reading the Sun earlier *spit*, we've never won an away leg of a League Cup semi-final, apparently.

i found that strange too! didnt mention how we have had so many semi finals though, we cant do that bad in the semis seeing as we have such a good record in this cup, shame the sun keep their proper statistics for the top 4 -

anyone know the % of villa playing the 1st leg away and going through? also winning/drawing/losing the 1st/away leg and still making it through?

wheres BOF?!