The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The more I see of the Benn-Eubank build up, the more it looks to me like it's set up for a Benn win.

Eubank's approach is very casual, his dad won't go anywhere near the fight, we've got Eddie Hearn and his young money maker in one corner; I think Eubank is cashing out, I don't think he has the hunger for boxing any more and I think he sees this as a nice payoff to see off his career.

The eubanks ego will never allow them to lose to a benn. He would never live it down. I actually genuinely think eubank thinks he is far superior ti benn in terms of boxing and size.

Eubank should win really as he is alot bigger

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You're joking?

I wish, some female fertility drug that basically is a testosterone replacement/growth hormone, muscle builder, banned, clomifene 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I wish

I've just read it. No way should this fight be allowed to continue. There has to be a stance made against boxers continually flouting the rules of fair combat.

I kind of wondered to myself, tbf, when I seen how bulked up Benn had become in the build - up to this fight. It also explains the consistently aggressive attitude. 

I imagine Chris Snr will be raging.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I've just read it. No way should this fight be allowed to continue. There has to be a stance made against boxers continually flouting the rules of fair combat.

I kind of wondered to myself, tbf, when I seen how bulked up Benn had become in the build - up to this fight. It also explains the consistently aggressive attitude. 

I imagine Chris Snr will be raging.

Agree 100% 

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why have testing in the first place? Where is the responsibility for someone to just say, "enough is enough, this fight must not go ahead?" Its rotten to the core.

Benn could pass 100 tests between now and Saturday and it’s irrelevant now in my own opinion . The fight is tainted now and has lost all credibility. And this will follow him around for the rest of his career. Silly boy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Benn could pass 100 tests between now and Saturday and it’s irrelevant now in my own opinion . The fight is tainted now and has lost all credibility. And this will follow him around for the rest of his career. Silly boy. 

What credibility did the fight have anyway other than invoking memories of the glorious 90’s?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Fails a drug test but hasnt been charged with anything?? How does that make sense?

Waiting on his b sample, which ive heard , they might not take until Monday 😂 couldn’t make it up. What he was taking boosts testosterone and increases muscle mass. Used at the end of steroid cycles. Absolutely a PED. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Waiting on his b sample, which ive heard , they might not take until Monday 😂 couldn’t make it up. What he was taking boosts testosterone and increases muscle mass. Used at the end of steroid cycles. Absolutely a PED. 

Tainted Greenwich beef 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So Hearn is saying that the regulations state if you fail an A sample you do another sample, and if that also fails then it’s a no-no.

But the timing of the B sample can be after the event? What kind of messed up regulations are these?

Makes no sense, and absolutely stinks (the situation, probably the piss too).

Â