The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

Benn has started his period, so unfortunately his medication didn't work. 

I was thinking he could declare he has gender dysphoria and was trying to get pregnant  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

Any word from Benn about how this banned substance came to be in his sample?

Anybody with any rudimentry knowledge of PEDS will know what the said substance is used for.

Lets put it this way it's not the kind of result you would get for taking caffeine pills or if your trying to lose weight.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

It's the right decision. Quite ironic that both fighters wanted to continue considering both Fathers had fights whereby opponents were left with severe disabilities. Both lads should have known better than try and force this to go head in the first instance. Poor for all concerned imo. 

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Anybody with any rudimentry knowledge of PEDS will know what the said substance is used for.

Lets put it this way it's not the kind of result you would get for taking caffeine pills or if your trying to lose weight.

Yeah I know, I was just curious whether he’d come up with some hilarious cover story or not.

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:
It's the right decision. Quite ironic that both fighters wanted to continue considering both Fathers had fights whereby opponents were left with severe disabilities. Both lads should have known better than try and force this to go head in the first instance. Poor for all concerned imo. 

Absolutely. Especially when you take into account all the protestations made by Eubank Snr leading up to the fight. What was that, just noise? You would like to think not. 

It's even more disturbing when you're hearing that the test result was known by many before someone actually leaked the news to the Daily Mail. 

It really is a low moment for British boxing, and no - one looks like they're  coming out of this without some muck on their hands.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah I know, I was just curious whether he’d come up with some hilarious cover story or not.

What's can he say in defence of that without making a bigger idiot of himself than he already is?

Anyone advising him should be saying go and keep your head down for 6 months and say nothing.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Any word from Benn about how this banned substance came to be in his sample?

It’s common knowledge that it’s used coming off the end of a steroid cycle. It don’t look good. Unlikely to find it in say a multi vitamin or food contamination. B samples are 99% the same as the A sample ( it’s the same urine sample ) If it returns positive - he needs a worldwide ban for a few years. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely. Especially when you take into account all the protestations made by Eubank Snr leading up to the fight. What was that, just noise? You would like to think not. 

It's even more disturbing when you're hearing that the test result was known by many before someone actually leaked the news to the Daily Mail. 

It really is a low moment for British boxing, and no - one looks like they're  coming out of this without some muck on their hands.

I think Chris Snr knew something. He’d heard something. Test was done weeks ago. People just didn’t pay much notice and passed it off as him being his usual eccentric self. 

I think the biggest question marks are now about whether or not it's normal for Benn to be juicing between camps. It leaves a sorry ass smell hanging over the kid and questions his accelerated progression the last 18 months. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think Chris Snr knew something. He’d heard something. Test was done weeks ago. People just didn’t pay much notice and passed it off as him being his usual eccentric self. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he leaked the info. He's already lost a son recently, losing another would be unbearable. What lengths would you go to as a parent to ensure people knew what was going on, especially if it was being kept quiet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the biggest question marks are now about whether or not it's normal for Benn to be juicing between camps. It leaves a sorry ass smell hanging over the kid and questions his accelerated progression the last 18 months. 

As UKAD didn’t pick it up it I wonder how many others have been using it thinking it’s undetectable. 

A bit like when tennis added that heart medicine to the banned list and nobody noticed and all of a sudden it became clear 90% of tennis players have heart conditions… except in this case he can’t hide behind a fake medical condition.

Edited by Genie

Â