The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They were but Joshua won. It was a terrible fight. Both fighters cannot be proud of that fight.

I had it 116-112 Joshua, it was a garbage fight, both are pretty shite, Joshua obviously better. Heavyweight division still in a terrible state. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I had it 116-112 Joshua, it was a garbage fight, both are pretty shite, Joshua obviously better. Heavyweight division still in a terrible state. 

Really unimpressed with Joshua tonight. Based on that fight I think wilder wins.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really unimpressed with Joshua tonight. Based on that fight I think wilder wins.

If anything I think tonight makes me more convinced AJ beats Wilder.  He's not going to stand there and trade with Wilder, while AJ has decent power he's not a puncher in the way that, say, Mike Tyson, George Foreman or Lennox Lewis were. If he goes toe to toe with Wilder then there is a good chance he gets caught and he gets beat. I think he can sit behind the jab, know the judges are on his side if the fight is in the UK and if the knockout comes then it comes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Wilder wins if the fight takes place in the US.

There's a reason why AJ is protected and doesn't fight abroad.

No refs will give him timeouts over there when he's blowing out his arse.

Yes because they'll give the timeouts to Wilder instead. 

It says a lot when I find myself pinning my hopes for the heavyweight division on a bloke who hasn't put on a boxing glove in 3 years and blew up to 30 stone.

If Fury can get himself back to anywhere near what he was before then he would clean up, I just think that the damage has been done.

• Like 1

Â