The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Parker would destroy Bellew

Fast hands powerful in his prime

No chance

Hmm not so sure about that. Bellew has got a bit of a chin and Parker isn't a massive heavyweight. I'd say the only two that would destroy bellew are Joshua and wilder

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No chance

Apparently Haye was going to destroy Bellew in a couple of rounds too :D 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No chance

Don't think Parker would destroy anybody. Doesn't have that kind of power from what I've seen.

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Parker would smash Bellew into pieces.

Have you watched him much? I have only seen him once against Ruiz Jnr and I must admit I wasn't very impressed with Parker in the slightest. Granted I have only watched him once

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

Have you watched him much? I have only seen him once against Ruiz Jnr and I must admit I wasn't very impressed with Parker in the slightest. Granted I have only watched him once

I've seen him fight a few times. As he has stepped up his opposition (Takam and Ruiz) he hasn't look as good. But he still has very fast hands and can punch very well in combination. He fights with his hands too low, which means he is fairly easy to hit (doesn't move his head much) but does have a very good chin (doesn't want to trade on that too often at this weight though). Doesn't have outsized power for the weight but can still punch relatively hard, certainly hard enough to get a fat cruiserweight out of there. 

He has only recently turned 25 so still has time on his side, but I really think he needs to change trainers, Kevin Barry has taken him as far as he can. He's a good trainer but Parker really needs a top heavyweight trainer to maximise his talents. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've seen him fight a few times. As he has stepped up his opposition (Takam and Ruiz) he hasn't look as good. But he still has very fast hands and can punch very well in combination. He fights with his hands too low, which means he is fairly easy to hit (doesn't move his head much) but does have a very good chin (doesn't want to trade on that too often at this weight though). Doesn't have outsized power for the weight but can still punch relatively hard, certainly hard enough to get a fat cruiserweight out of there. 

He has only recently turned 25 so still has time on his side, but I really think he needs to change trainers, Kevin Barry has taken him as far as he can. He's a good trainer but Parker really needs a top heavyweight trainer to maximise his talents. 

How do you think his next fight will go? I have only seen Fury a couple of times, he was another one I wasn't over impressed with

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

How do you think his next fight will go? I have only seen Fury a couple of times, he was another one I wasn't over impressed with

Fury has potential, he's very young (22) but hasn't really improved in the past couple of years. Parker really should be winning the fight handily. No idea how good Fury's chin is as I've never seen it get tested. 

On 05/03/2017 at 00:23, Brumerican said:

Heavyweight boxing is a trainwreck compared to past decades . Only Louis Razor Robinson can save it IMO :D

Making his pro debut in Manchester on the 14th if anyone is interested ,

Heavyweight fighter and a huge Villa fan to boot.

• Like 1

Stunning KO of Curtis Stevens by David Lemieux last night:

I have no idea why Curtis Stevens has been (relatively) highly rated, he's really not good, but this does demonstrate how devastating Lemieux is. Lemieux is limited but a really fun fighter to watch, he always looks to be aggressive and if you stand in front of him without giving him a massive amount to think about he will invariably deliver. 

I do hope he gets to fight Canelo, would be a great fight and one Lemieux can win.

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stunning KO of Curtis Stevens by David Lemieux last night:

I have no idea why Curtis Stevens has been (relatively) highly rated, he's really not good, but this does demonstrate how devastating Lemieux is. Lemieux is limited but a really fun fighter to watch, he always looks to be aggressive and if you stand in front of him without giving him a massive amount to think about he will invariably deliver. 

I do hope he gets to fight Canelo, would be a great fight and one Lemieux can win.

Great punch. Didn't look like much at full speed but was right on the button

On 12/03/2017 at 22:08, Demitri_C said:

So mayweather declares he is out ops retirement and calling out mcgregor

such a safe fight for mayweather such a complete waste of time

It won't even be contest, Its nothing more than a business deal. 

You can understand it from Mayweathers point of view, he makes another 100 million to fight a bloke he could beat with one hand. For Conor its just money and pantomime (how long before he ends up in WWF?) because he surely knows that he will be completely embarrassed. 

It wouldn't suprise me you know if Conor lost his marbles and ended up getting disqualified for something outside of boxing rules, a kick or takedown whatever. 

Pointless fight that millions will buy on PPV.

Edited by av1

Golovkin vs Jacobs tonight, very good fight that GGG will prevail in and win by stoppage, but will have a number of competitive rounds on route. Roman Gonzalez on the undercard, one of the best P4P in the world, although hasn't looked that good in his last two fights, as he has moved up in weight and become a 4 weight world champion. Will be interesting to see he performs, this fight should be easier than his last one, but there's a theory that age is kicking in somewhat. He's 29 but boxers at his weight don't go on too long, they usually deteriorate dramatically between 27-30 years old. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Golovkin vs Jacobs tonight, very good fight that GGG will prevail in and win by stoppage, but will have a number of competitive rounds on route. Roman Gonzalez on the undercard, one of the best P4P in the world, although hasn't looked that good in his last two fights, as he has moved up in weight and become a 4 weight world champion. Will be interesting to see he performs, this fight should be easier than his last one, but there's a theory that age is kicking in somewhat. He's 29 but boxers at his weight don't go on too long, they usually deteriorate dramatically between 27-30 years old. 

I've set my alarm for this . It has the potential to be an absolute belter . Jacobs lightning attacks could see him waltz straight in to a bomb.

I've took the 5/1 for GGG in 1-3 but I kinda hope it goes on as long as possible.

Â