The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Wow quite a turn around from David

He made all the demands prior to this fight and give Bellew nothing

Now he's forced to beg Bellew for a rematch and give into all his demands

How embarrassing how does that humble pie taste David LOL 

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I find all the "hatred before the fight" and kissing each other after such a pile of wank

It's pathetic.

A rematch should not happen. 

It's all sounding a bit desperate from Haye. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Have to agree, from what I've seen of AJ he'd finish this in 1 round if he wanted to.

Bellew needs to put in with AJ as soon as possible :-)

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

It's pathetic.

A remake should not happen. 

It's all sounding a bit desperate from Haye. 

Clearly he's old and shot to shit. He's looking for yet another retirement cheque. The thing with Haye is that he has been very bad with his money over his career.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn't see DH win a single round. Bellew beat what was in front of him, him knocked him down 6 times? 

I'd have given Haye rounds 4 & 5,  from round 6 onwards it wasn't a proper fight.  A proper heavyweight would have finished Haye as soon as his ankle went.  Bellew is a big light heavy or a decent sized cruiser, he's not a heavyweight.  He's definitely got a big payday in his next fight, there's money in a Haye rematch (especially if it's in front of 40,000 at Goodison) but if he seriously thinks he's in the title picture now then I'm a Dutchman. 

*edit* 

The in ring interviews were bobbins.  I'll be interested in the post fight press conferences once everybody has had a chance to collect their thoughts and the topic changes away from selling the next fight, there will definitely be more about the injury there. I'd probably expect a bit more spunk from Haye too. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Clearly he's old and shot to shit. He's looking for yet another retirement cheque. The thing with Haye is that he has been very bad with his money over his career.

100% agree, he pissed it all away and now begging for another pay check. He's finished. He needs to go and live on a farm.

• Like 1

well that's me done lads.

bellew win, 3 villa wins in a row for the first time since the martin o neill days.... what are the odds eh, crazy.

i'm off to have a quick tidy as with those odds, emma Watson is gonna turn up at my door or something

have a good one lads

• Like 2

I think Haye is actually coming across as pretty humble. Not sure what else he can say. Hasn't mentioned his obvious injury once and held his hands up when he seems to have a pretty legitimate excuse, to say the least. A rematch to regain some pride makes sense. 

• Like 2

I seriously hope Bellew doesn't fight Joshua

I can just imagine the hype machine from Hearn and Sky he would not last more than 1 round

Joe public would lap it up again though in their droves

If Joshua fights Klitschko wins then goes back to Bellew it will be laughable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB said:

I think Haye is actually coming across as pretty humble. Not sure what else he can say. Hasn't mentioned his obvious injury once and held his hands up when he seems to have a pretty legitimate excuse, to say the least. A rematch to regain some pride makes sense. 

He's got his begging bowl out cos he knows he's finished

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

If AJ don't perform an loses to Klitshco, I think Bellew may get his chance.

I think VK is also finished, how long since the fight with Fury when he looked past it?

AJ to win without too much drama.

Just now, Genie said:

I think VK is also finished, how long since the fight with Fury when he looked past it?

AJ to win without too much drama.

I was picking Wlad to beat AJ but seeing this fight, i.e. how shot Haye is due to age and inactivity has made be very paranoid about that prediction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

If AJ don't perform an loses to Klitshco, I think Bellew may get his chance.

Tony Bellew has got about as much chance of beating Anthony Joshua as I have.  AJ has got about six inches and three stone on Bellew.  :blink:

• Like 2

Â