The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Genie said:

He's got his begging bowl out cos he knows he's finished

I think that's very cynical. If I'd sustained an injury during a fight that made it impossible for me to compete, then the first thing I'd be thinking would be 'rematch'. It would have been easy for him to say that Bellew has just beaten a one-legged man but he didn't mention it once. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JB said:

I think that's very cynical. If I'd sustained an injury during a fight that made it impossible for me to compete, then the first thing I'd be thinking would be 'rematch'. It would have been easy for him to say that Bellew has just beaten a one-legged man but he didn't mention it once. 

I guess we'll never know, but it looked to me that Haye was too old and too slow before the injury. All his big punches were miles off target. He even resorted to punching below the belt and after the bell.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess we'll never know, but it looked to me that Haye was too old and too slow before the injury. All his big punches were miles off target. He even resorted to punching below the belt and after the bell.

I guess it's no coincidence he went to see that achiles doctor before the fight. It's likely he hurt it in training, perhaps late on, and it subsequently blew up on him. But he did look shot in general, slow, sluggish, lacking that explosiveness he once had. Definitely a shot fighter, badly, badly aged.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Hearn you complete an utter knobber, All he cares about is himself. Wilder ain't great, but i'm sure he would finish Bellew.

He'd annihilate Bellew. Wilder is a shite boxer but he'd knock Bellew into orbit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

You must be a vigorous lover. 

Radio 5 live with Woodhall and Bunce had Haye 4 rounds up in the 6th

I had him 1 up

I'm not alone in having ahead before his leg went

11 minutes ago, JB said:

Sorry but Haye wouldn't have had a leg to stand on if he had come out and blamed the injury

He did it before when he lost to Klitschko if he did it again he would have been an even bigger laughing stock

Especially considering Bellew pre-empted such a thing in the build up and called him out on it saying he wouldn't be surprised if after he loses he blames another injury.

Haye had no option but to suck it up

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He'd annihilate Bellew. Wilder is a shite boxer but he'd knock Bellew into orbit. 

Wilder reminds me of my mate in the pub when he loses his shit after 8 Stella! 

He is like Bambi on Ice when he windmills but he is too powerful for Bellew I agree 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Radio 5 live with Woodhall and Bunce had Haye 4 rounds up in the 6th

I had him 1 up

I'm not alone in having ahead before his leg went

Sorry I'm a bit tipsy . I thought you were saying Hayes legs went because you "had" him before the fight .:D

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Wilder can't box for shit

But he can punch really really really hard.  

All this post fight heavyweight talk from Bellew is just the heat of the moment, he's definitely got a Haye rematch if he wants it because TV would lap it up, they've got a really easy angle to sell it and that tends to be how these things get made. I'd imagine there is even the possibility of a trilogy if Haye wins the second fight and it's not a total blowout.  

Anything else for Bellew at heavyweight isn't going to happen.  He's too small to live with the top end of the division and the bums and journeymen he probably could beat aren't' going to be able to come up with the money he'd be looking for at this stage of his career. 

If Bellew is seriously considering staying at heavyweight he should take a couple more fights before he considers fighting Wilder and Parker

I can't believe i'm contemplating the idea of Bellew fighting Wilder or Parker actually.

He should fight someone like Huey Fury that would probably be a decent matchup for him

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Sorry I'm a bit tipsy . I thought you were saying Hayes legs went because you "had" him before the fight .:D

My sarcasm detector is broken as I'm on bottle number 3 of my tempranillo stash :D

I'm not even sure that's how you spell sarcasm? Lol

• Like 1

Â