The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if AJ is playing it super cool, but I'm not getting confidence vibes from him. Uysk on the other hand, as always, like ice.

He looked nervous to me in live sparing , high fiving everyone, saying hi. Would have  liked to see him ice cold, hopefully he can pull it out the bag but the closer it gets the more nervous iam for him. Usyk is going to war in this , he's made that clear. 

• Like 1

Just rewatched the first fight. Forgot how close Usyk was to the knock in the final seconds of the last round.

AJ cant be nieve but he needs to swing hard for Usyk, he wont win a boxing technique match against him. 

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Joshua is going to get smashed up on Saturday methinks. Knockout victory for Usyk and Joshua retiring seems the most likely outcome.

Imagine having to fight someone who outclassed you before his home country was invaded by Russia.

Can’t see Joshua retiring if he loses, but he may never have another World title fight. 

I have a mate who is good mates with AJ. He is in a whatsapp group with a host of his old Finchley boxing club crew. My mate told me he was actually asking for advice from them on how to beat usyk.

I dont see why my mate would lie about this as he loves off AJ. I said to him i would be abit worried if i was him if he has to ask you guys for advice.

Sounds like he ia doubting his ability to win this one

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What we saying tonight predictions? Card looks poor. Everyone is just paying for main event.

I think usyk wins on points 

This has been the case with AJ for years now, hence why IPTV is my best friend, aren't they charging £28 for this one as well? 

I've seriously fell out of love with boxing over the last few years, I used to watch every fight of every card, I don't know if it was because of the corrupt scores, the big fights not being made or the fact that there are far too many platforms that it is shown on now, in fact I think my interest started to wane in a big way around about when DAZN came about.

I'll watch this one tonight and I'm thinking that AJ will come out and swing for the fences, its the only chance he's got and he'll know it, Usyk will know it as well and I think he'll be prepared for it.

Usyk to win via KO

• Like 1

Hopefully AJ will have looked at Usyk's weakness as a Southpaw , left uppercut  or some shot through Usyk's jab but it's an all in. For this reason I can't see it going many rounds. Usyk KO first round was 100-1 ,

Usyk to KO AJ in the first 3 

Edited by tinker

AJ doesn’t generate any buzz at all any more. Hardly any hype for this fight and what bits of seen has been Usyk in his traditional clothing or singing.

I think AJ’s best chance is to go big early and hope for the best. I don’t think it’ll work. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

AJ doesn’t generate any buzz at all any more. Hardly any hype for this fight and what bits of seen has been Usyk in his traditional clothing or singing.

I think AJ’s best chance is to go big early and hope for the best. I don’t think it’ll work. 

AJ has the personality of an ironing board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

I wouldn’t consider £26.95 for a second. 

I know it’s scandalous but I’d like to watch it without the risk of it crashing. Guess I only have one option

9 hours ago, Genie said:

As @sheepyvillian said, no personality and no real heart I don't think. 

He's multiple levels below Fury. 

• Like 2

Â