The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

The thing is fury admits without boxing hw doesnt have much and when he steps away his mental health goes to shit.

Has he been able to conquer this or will he go through it all over again?

Hopefully if he does take a step away from the ring he has enough to keep him happy

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is fury admits without boxing hw doesnt have much and when he steps away his mental health goes to shit.

Hopefully if he does take a step away from the ring he has enough to keep him happy

His wife said the same, he HAS to do something to keep him occupied. She was worried he was going go go back into WWE.

Its a shame his half brother is so shit and uninterested in becoming a top boxer as he could have coached him full time.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

His wife said the same, he HAS to do something to keep him occupied. She was worried he was going go go back into WWE.

Its a shame his half brother is so shit and uninterested in becoming a top boxer as he could have coached him full time.

WWE would be perfect for him. He has the mic skills and entertainment value to do well there. Also it wont be as dangerous as getting hit in the head.

Personally i think fury should get into promoting boxing and coaching. He would be great at that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the only way he can relax is by dropping out completely, retiring. He can take his finger off the trigger. ATM boxing at heavy weight is in the air, once Joshua and Usyk have sorted their fight out then the picture may  become clearer. This waiting around won't be great for Fury's mental state, hence the dropping out, imho.

However if a new challenge comes along at a time he feels he can come back and be competitive then I think he will give it another go. It's a pity boxers are so protected by their promoters , MMA fighters seem to fight lose and just fight again, it would be great to see this type of thing in boxing. 

I really hope AJ comes out of his shell and has a real go at trying to get this fella out of the ring. No shame if he gets carried out on his shield, but he cannot fight the the same as last time because he will get his head boxed off again by a much superior technician.

His advantage is his size and power and  needs to make this pay. 

I honestly think that he can win this fight and stop him within five rounds 

• Like 2

It seems like Joshua has to make it a scrap to stand any chance of winning, if he stands off and gives away the  initiative then it's goes the same way as the first.

Usyk looks like he has countered this by building up bulk. Joshua has to work on a shot or shots,  that can get through Usyk southpaw stance. I can't see anything but an Usyk win unless Usyk has built up to much bulk and Joshua manages to avoid getting KO'd early and Usyk's extra weight drains his energy , Joshua KO's him late. 

Usyk in 5 . Be a great fight thought I'm sure , would love AJ to win late. 

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Joshua has to win or his top level career in boxing would probably be finished. 

Maybe but there's plenty of fights out there for him to earn some money. Joyce, Wilder even Fury. 

27 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe but there's plenty of fights out there for him to earn some money. Joyce, Wilder even Fury. 

I feel like AJ versus Fury at Wembley has to happen at some point. It would be an enormous money spinner which is what it’s all about. 

Has to happen and for that reason I’d like AJ to win, otherwise I’d probably side with Usyk though I mainly just want to see a good fight. AJ vs Fury would likely to place in Saudi not the UK, sadly.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I feel like AJ versus Fury at Wembley has to happen at some point. It would be an enormous money spinner which is what it’s all about. 

If loses again there will be little expectation that he could actually beat Fury. I think the moment has passed through boxing politics and incompetence.

Have to remember even though he was beaten AJ is a hell of a lot bigger than usyk. He landed veey little in 1st fight and was too cautious.  Absolutely ridiculous tactics to try outbox usyk only one winner there.

If aj goes in alot more aggressive i think he will give uysk so major problems. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to remember even though he was beaten AJ is a hell of a lot bigger than usyk. He landed veey little in 1st fight and was too cautious.  Absolutely ridiculous tactics to try outbox usyk only one winner there.

If aj goes in alot more aggressive i think he will give uysk so major problems. 

He couldn't find away through  Usyk's defense though, not without getting hit multiple times. AJ needs to find away through his guard and Usyk will have probably changed to counter AJ coming straight at him, hence the weight gain. I can't wait tbh. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

He couldn't find away through  Usyk's defense though, not without getting hit multiple times. AJ needs to find away through his guard and Usyk will have probably changed to counter AJ coming straight at him, hence the weight gain. I can't wait tbh. 

Tbh his tactics were too negative and safe doni dont thinknitbwas he couldnt get through. Im expecting a much more aggressive approach this time

I think it'll come down to if Uysk can fight the rounds 33 lbs heavier, it could be a bit too much, gotta be losing a bit of speed. He has obviously put the weight on knowing AJ will probably be going for the knock down. I think Uysk will be looking to do the same in this fight, early. Could make it a good scrap.

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it'll come down to if Uysk can fight the rounds 33 lbs heavier, it could be a bit too much, gotta be losing a bit of speed. He has obviously put the weight on knowing AJ will probably be going for the knock down. I think Uysk will be looking to do the same in this fight, early. Could make it a good scrap.

Strange that AJ tactics from the first fight would probably be the best way to play this one, at least in the early rounds. It's looks like Usyk is going try for an early KO so AJ needs to be switched on from round 1, Any slight distractions and hes done.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Strange that AJ tactics from the first fight would probably be the best way to play this one, at least in the early rounds. It's looks like Usyk is going try for an early KO so AJ needs to be switched on from round 1, Any slight distractions and hes done.  

Not sure if AJ is playing it super cool, but I'm not getting confidence vibes from him. Uysk on the other hand, as always, like ice.

Â