The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Hearn tried his best i think to get this over the line. Looks like Arum and Warren misjudged the arbitration. If it doesn't happen next i think it never happens for the simple reason Usyk beats Joshua if that's next. Yes he's smaller but technically far better.

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Hearn tried his best i think to get this over the line. Looks like Arum and Warren misjudged the arbitration. If it doesn't happen next i think it never happens for the simple reason Usyk beats Joshua if that's next. Yes he's smaller but technically far better.

There is no way usyk is beating aj in my opinion. AJ is too big and too strong.  Yes uysk can box and box very well but he did get caught a few times by chisora.

If thats aj getting thosse hits in he knocks him out

Edited by Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no way usyk is beating aj in my opinion. AJ is too big and too strong.  Yes uysk can box and box very well but he did get caught a few times by chisora.

Usyk will be much better than that. He hadn't boxed in ages.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I very much sway towards that opinion. Usyk might be great technically, but some of these heavyweights will outweigh him by plenty and it's not like he has a punch like Wilder to equalise the weight disparity. 

On 18/05/2021 at 09:18, Genie said:

I can’t believe Wilder is actually desperate to fight Fury again, it’s purely a money thing.

They can either pay him off, or a do a deal with a favourable split to fight later in the year.

The guy needs the bread to support his 8 (eight) children.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I very much sway towards that opinion. Usyk might be great technically, but some of these heavyweights will outweigh him by plenty and it's not like he has a punch like Wilder to equalise the weight disparity. 

Aj would just uss his size and weight to bully usyk around the ring.

Usyk couldnt even knock out chisora he definitely wont have the power to hurt aj or wilder

I dont buy this. Fury has no reason to fear AJ.

Its AJ trying to duck the fight but blaming fury.

Aj should just say ill fight winner at end of year and in the mean time ill defend against uysk

I think the frustration is that fury and his team agreed and signed the fight dismissing the court hearing as not a problem.

Clearly they where wrong and should never have got this far down the line without being 100 % sure.

Imagine what Fury Warren or Aram would be saying now is it was the other way round and Joshua suddenly pulled out of fight because he needed to fight usak 

This is all on Fury and his team, total stupidity to get that far in negotiations with AJ when they had a court case ongoing.

AJ is right to be pissed off. The whole thing will be a mess now. I bet the Saudi’s are also annoyed which will put the £100m they were stumping up, and the date, and the venue in doubt.

• Like 1

If the fight does eventually happen in December can imagine be same.deal with Saudi's. The Ruiz fight was December If I remember right 

I just cant see the fight happening unfortunately 

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

No UK tv has picked this up. Pretty scandalous. Both undefeated. WBC, WBO, WBA, IBF and ring magazine on the line.

Unfortunately Josh doesn't throw tables or kick off about who comes to the ring first meaning there is very little interest in him

Very rare in boxing these days to have all 4 belts + the ring magazine belt up for grabs. Too many belt holders holding their title hostage, fighting safe mandatories. The reality is that the winner won't hold all four for long. It rarely happens. Almost always when you get an undisputed champion, they have so many belts that they can't fullfil the mandatory of each organisation so will be stripped. Whoever stands with all 5 belts Saturday night, probably the only time they'll have them all.

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Very rare in boxing these days to have all 4 belts + the ring magazine belt up for grabs. Too many belt holders holding their title hostage, fighting safe mandatories. The reality is that the winner won't hold all four for long. It rarely happens. Almost always when you get an undisputed champion, they have so many belts that they can't fullfil the mandatory of each organisation so will be stripped. Whoever stands with all 5 belts Saturday night, probably the only time they'll have them all.

Ironically this is the second time it will happen in the last few years at this weight unless they draw of course

Edited by Follyfoot

Fury/Wilder/AJ is a weird one.

In a way it's no lose for fans - the two best heavyweights in the world are Fury and Wilder and if we get to see them fight again it'll be brilliant - both of the first two fights were excellent and a third one will be good.

The two problems are that we've seen that twice already and that AJ has the belts.

I'd like to see Fury fight AJ next, but I understand Wilder's position - if Fury and AJ fight and it's close they'll fight again, that could leave Wilder without a money fight for another eighteen months or longer still if there's a trilogy - he's thirty five, he can't put his career on hold for that long.

• Like 1

Pacquiao and spence has been annohced for August. 

Should be  a good fight but i think spence will beat pac. Would have been a very good fight if pac was in his prime. 

Think this will be pacs retirement fight

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Pacquiao and spence has been annohced for August. 

Should be  a good fight but i think spence will beat pac. Would have been a very good fight if pac was in his prime. 

Think this will be pacs retirement fight

Wouldn't bet on it. He was too old for Thurman too we were told.

Â