The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I actually think she would too. She would beat alot of male mma fighters too

Imagine the bashing their ego's would take, some would still be up for it for the right payday.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He doesnt have to prove anything in mma your right, but its the laughable things his fans say about how mayweather would beat McGregor in a mma fight.

McGregor would obliterate him in a mma ring very quickly.

Nobody would disagree with that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats your prediction for tonight?

I think canelo on points. Cant see there being a knockout

Canelo to win in the later rounds is what I expect to happen.

Either way hopefully will be a decent competitive fight or if not a brutal one!

I've got a tenner on Canelo to win between 7-9

I said a page or two ago that he'll just stand back and have a look at Billy for the first few rounds knowing that he won't have the power to hurt him, he'll keep Billy on his toes and then when he inevitably slows down he'll start having more success with the body shots and it will be over in the mid/late rounds

• Like 1

Meteor shower hits centre of the ring 30 seconds in to round  one Leaving just a piece of lucky gypsy heather and a strawberry blonde curl and nothing more 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Fair enough I find it very useful and informative as well. I did say I come from a generation where it did not exist but there is no denying its existence now. Again my narrow minded definition of YouTubers is the ones that are familiar to my children such as Jack septiceye (sp) Who are obsessed with getting the most numbers of followers and generally banal. I’m currently looking at a review of stump grinders on there so definitely get the point. When someone says that their job is a YouTuber, or of vlogger for that matter I instantly assume the worst

Or worse still, influencer

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats your prediction for tonight?

I think canelo on points. Cant see there being a knockout

I think Saunders is good enough to not get knocked out. A fighter can make up his mind that he isn't getting knocked out, doesn't neccasilry mean he'll win the fight though. I worry about his fitness and stamina in the back end of the fight. Canelo has some engine. He won't be at all worried if Saunders banks a few early rounds. I can't make a case for BJ. He's not a big puncher. He's probably going to have to be win 2 minutes of every round and he's not that type of busy fighter. He takes breathers. I think Canelo will put it on him and expect Bj to be shocked how good Canelo's timing and feet are. Canelo TKO RD 12.

I should know better now to bet against canelo but think Billy Joe causes serious problems , I'm up few pound after the Castro fight so gonna go for Saunders by points(I know judges in Texas are bellends but don't think billy can stop him)

23 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I should know better now to bet against canelo but think Billy Joe causes serious problems , I'm up few pound after the Castro fight so gonna go for Saunders by points(I know judges in Texas are bellends but don't think billy can stop him)

Golovkin buckled Canelo once in 24 rounds. The 10th round of the second fight. And he recovered in seconds. And he's a powerful puncher, Golovkin.. Can't see it myself.

26 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

what the **** Aguilera is rolling around like a premiership footballer after a legal punch that cuffed him on the back of his head.

Yep, he wanted out of there.

That was embarrassing.

30 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

what the **** Aguilera is rolling around like a premiership footballer after a legal punch that cuffed him on the back of his head.

Bet on group rounds between 5-6 , they don't want to pay me out

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Yeah I suppose the bet would have been a win via KO between 5-6 wouldn't it

Ya that's basically it, but in no way do they say that in the bet, they should really phrase its group rounds by stoppage, they send ya a link to tapoligy when I asked about it

Â