PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

Probably the same reason we can have a decent defensive record, find ourselves in 5th place and beat teams like chelsea and liverpool, it is because like every other team in the prem we aren't consistently great

So you think the reason why we lose to Burnley, Wigan, Blackburn is the same reason why we beat Chelsea? I'm sorry, I don't follow that - and you haven't explained what that reason is? I really don't understand how it can be the same reason? You will need to elaborate on that one.

Or just make another sweeping, snidey statement. One of the two.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well take Sidwell off. He's done his job for the day (give needless free-kick away for resulting goal, get booked). Nice one Steve, have to admire your consistency.

At least you know what you're going to get with Sidwell and he always delivers. A rare thing nowadays :lol:

Its no shame to lose at Burnley said before the game...

But when we lose doing naff all, thats the kick in the teeth!

Lets hope we up it in the second half and give it a go.

Agreed.

We really can get something here though, it's just bizarre we don't seem up for it at all.

Probably the same reason we can have a decent defensive record, find ourselves in 5th place and beat teams like chelsea and liverpool, it is because like every other team in the prem we aren't consistently great

So you think the reason why we lose to Burnley, Wigan, Blackburn is the same reason why we beat Chelsea? I'm sorry, I don't follow that - and you haven't explained what that reason is? I really don't understand how it can be the same reason? You will need to elaborate on that one.

Or just make another sweeping, snidey statement. One of the two.

We have a good squad with good players which means on our day we can match anyone in the league and get results like the ones against chelsea and liverpool. The difference between us and the big teams is that they can produce performances like that on a more consistent basis than us. But as we find ourselves sitting in 5th place we aren't doing too badly with those performances, but keep having a whinge if it makes you feel better.

Agreed.

We really can get something here though, it's just bizarre we don't seem up for it at all.

I posted a topic on VT a while back saying it seemed to me we didn't look as motivated for the "smaller" games. I was unanimously disagreed with, but I still think it's true.

Yes part of the problem is we struggle to break down teams who park the bus, but I just don't think we look up for it against these teams.

:lol: petrov is clearly to blame for everyone playing poorly.

Notice how everyone play well without him in the team, he comes back in and everyone's shit again going forward.

He does **** all. The amount of times I've seen midfielders run past him today is unbelievable, I haven't even seen him get on the ball, which is what he's supposed to do. Central midfield is one of the most important positions on the pitch and of course it affects the players around him.

Yes, it's clearly all Petrovs fault. Had that been NRC on the field, Friedel wouldn't have been beaten to the ball. :lol:

Coker would win every tackle and somehow that would make carew, gabby, young and milner play superb. Don't you know how football works?

Errr no. We play a direct style, at the moment Sidwell can't get tight to the strikers because Petrov restrics his game because defensivley he isn't great, so were losing the 2nd ball everytime in midfield, a key thing to our win against Bolton was the fact NRC patrolled the midfield, Sidwell got close to Carew and was able to win the second balls along with NRC and get the ball wide and retain possesion in dangerous areas alot more, currently we're not winning any of the ball.

Our ball retention is better with Petrov are things people say, **** off it is, he wins **** all in midfield, NRC and Sidwell win the ball in midfield and we can put pressure on teams and get the ball more out to our wide men. That's how football works, One player can make a whole team click and Petrov doesn't make our team click, Reo-Coker does.

If Young and Milner had alot of the ball and they do **** all with it, blame them but the fact they can't get on the ball because we can't win the ball back is the problem. Carew's only good game came against Bolton because we applied constant pressure and he could get into the game, His only good performance all season and it was in a game where Petrov didn't play.

Yes it affects the whole team.

I'm sorry, but it is. Burnley are in their first ever season in the Premiership and have spent **** all money whereas we are supposed to be challenging for Champions' League and have spent big money comparitively speaking.

I like Burnley, think they play decent football, but we should be beating them. Simple as.