PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

The only reason were above those teams is because they keep dropping points and they wont keep dropping points forever! if we had taken more points against wigan, blackburn, west ham, and in about 30 minutes time burnley we would have a greater cushion on those teams but no..... typical villa can never seize the initiative tactically inept manager who cannot make changes and insists that teachers pet-rov is always on the team sheet even though sidwell and petrov clearly doesnt **** work.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i'd say getting a point of man city, smashing bolton and beating liverpool and chelsea is the sign of a good team.

I'd disagree because if you keep losing games against the teams we do, then a) I'ts a good job we've got those points as we'd be looking over a shoulders come our annual March slump and B) there's no point beating the good teams when you can't pick anything up against the others.

As for your second point, it's not really relevent is it? It's just yet another attempt to group people and lash out at them.

And i'd say getting a point of man city, smashing bolton and beating liverpool and chelsea is the sign of a good team.

I'd disagree because if you keep losing games against the teams we do, then a) I'ts a good job we've got those points as we'd be looking over a shoulders come our annual March slump and B) there's no point beating the good teams when you can't pick anything up against the others.

As for your second point, it's not really relevent is it? It's just yet another attempt to group people and lash out at them.

we've finished 6th the last 2 seasons and are currently in 5th place, if you don't think we are a good team then your expectations of what a good team should be are ridiculously high.

this sadly only goes to prove, how truly shit Bolton were, a mask for our flaws in midfield.

Not the fact how shit Petrov is in a 4-4-2.

We've also played Wolves, Portsmouth, West Ham who are all very poor.

We play one game with Reo-Coker and we win convincingly, but obviously that's because of the other team.

I feel like one day i will be 80 years old (hopefully) and sat here gripping my seat thinking if we win this we get 4th and finally get in the champions league....and then we lose due to a lack of concentration on the 91st minute and dont get in the champs league and i die of heart attack. Thanks villa...

What is it 1 shot on target?

Hang your head in shame O'Neill.

Why? Is MON playing as a lone striker for us today?

MON takes the credit when we win.

When we lose its the players fault, nothing to do with the tactics?

Brilliant!

How'd you work that one out?

First off, MON doesn't get any credit on here when we win, people just go on about how we were lucky or whatever. Second, is this game over, have we 'lost'? No. Next, I think the players are to blame for not having a shot on target. MON decides the way we play, but if our players aren't shooting properly how the **** is that MONs fault?

we've finished 6th the last 2 seasons and are currently in 5th place, if you don't think we are a good team then your expectations of what a good team should be are ridiculously high.

Fair enough. But I'd consider our team this year to be rather different to last year, with our two most important players no longer at the club and been replaced by Richard Dunne and Steve Sidwell.

Plenty of good teams get beaten by Burnley.

Not many good teams fail to win away from home five games in a row, lose to Wigan, Blackburn and Burnley and don't appear to try to change the game when it's going against you.

every manager sees 60 mins as the universally renowned time to make a change when you are losing coz theres still plenty of time for the subs to influence the game....

MON sees the perfect time as 80mins when weve just gone 2-0 down coz there all feckin knackered