General Chat

Stevo985

Eye contact is important, dont stare them down but then again dont look at the floor when talking. A good handshake, dont try and break their hand tho. Be 10 minutes early, shows punctuality. Dont babble and go off track, stick to the question asked.

Shirt, tie & trousers will be fine.

Whats it for?

Eye contact is important, dont stare them down but then again dont look at the floor when talking. A good handshake, dont try and break their hand tho. Be 10 minutes early, shows punctuality. Dont babble and go off track, stick to the question asked.

good advice and always helps to research the company a little, it shows you are interested and have taken the initiative to find out a little more about them and what they do, how many outlets they have etc etc

The vacant Middlesbrough manager's job. They saw that I took Carlisle from League 1 to the Champions League within 5 seasons on FM and were really impressed.

(It's for Lloyd's Pharmacy)

The vacant Middlesbrough manager's job. They saw that I took Carlisle from League 1 to the Champions League within 5 seasons on FM and were really impressed.

(It's for Lloyd's Pharmacy)

Always go for the shirt, tie and trousers just to be safe. When I went for a part-time job at Tesco during Sixth Form I was told that anyone who turned up in jeans to the interview had their application binned. I imagine Lloyd's Pharmacy would probably have similar, if not better, procedures as well.

I used to work at a place where any applications that had a second class stamp on the front were binned. There was so many applications. My point at the time was what about the people who wouldnt even fork out on a stamp and hand delivered it. . . . Apparentley that was acceptable.

I used to work at a place where any applications that had a second class stamp on the front were binned. There was so many applications. My point at the time was what about the people who wouldnt even fork out on a stamp and hand delivered it. . . . Apparentley that was acceptable.
TBF you do need some standards when applying to be head philatelist.

Hand delivering shows a certain level of commitment and willingness that sticking a letter in an envelope and sticking in the post box doesn't.

It's also not always a cheap option as the cost of going to the place to hand deliver it is often higher than the cost of a stamp.

mrbojangles wrote:

TBF you do need some standards when applying to be head philatelist.

quality, just had to google philatelist first though to appreciate the comment

I usually get my stamps from my local shop (yes they still exist) now and then he doesn't have any first class stamps in and I have to buy 2nd class.

I'll remember this lesson if I find myself posting a job application in the future!

It all depends what job your going for though.

Alot of people say that you should always dress one step above what you would be expected to wear day to day at your job.

You can't go wrong in a suit though.

Â