General Chat

Stevo985

Wow. Some serious lack of Christmas spirit in here by some :D I love Christmas morning meeting the family and sitting around the living room exchanging presents with a cheesy movie on the telly and a belly full of selection box. Then getting smashed on Guinness and whiskey with the old man. Man I can't wait. Yes I'm a Christmas sap but for all the right reasons IMO. Family and spending my time well. I book most of my annual leave around December.

Wow. Some serious lack of Christmas spirit in here by some :D I love Christmas morning meeting the family and sitting around the living room exchanging presents with a cheesy movie on the telly and a belly full of selection box. Then getting smashed on Guinness and whiskey with the old man. Man I can't wait. Yes I'm a Christmas sap but for all the right reasons IMO. Family and spending my time well. I book most of my annual leave around December.

As I can't use the ’like’ button, I'll just go with ’This’.

**** love Xmas.

Oh I also love xmas. Really love it.

I think I appreciate it more because I worked in a restaurant (including every Xmas day) for 7 years from the age of 15. So actually having time OFF work these days seems like a real bonus :D

Oh I also love xmas. Really love it.

I think I appreciate it more because I worked in a restaurant (including every Xmas day) for 7 years from the age of 15. So actually having time OFF work these days seems like a real bonus :D

That's one thing I like about Ireland. Christmas Day is one of only 2 annual 'dry' days which means pubs and restaurants can't open. I know there are some in England who have a tradition of going down the boozer on Christmas Day but for me that's just really wrong. It must be spent in the house. Quite apart from the fact that opening a boozer on Christmas Day denies those working in the place the chance to spend theirs at home.

I was massively spoilt as a child at Christmas, a whole sack full of presents every year, it was amazing, but now I prefer practical presents.

One of my favourites gifts of all time is a LED keyring torch. You cannot underestimate how often you need a torch.

Me and some mates do a challenge every year, fake tan challange, mutton chops, fancy dress with a trophy going to the winner, its just a good laugh

Last year (and this year because it was such a success) my mates and I had a Jersey Shore night for my birthday.

Dress like dickheads (fake tan, gelled hair, ridiculous tshirts/jewellery etc) go out and get pissed.

It was hilarious.

Anyway, this year's version is happening on Saturday. Can't wait!

(anyone who's friends with me on facebook, Sunday should be fun)

That's one thing I like about Ireland. Christmas Day is one of only 2 annual 'dry' days which means pubs and restaurants can't open. I know there are some in England who have a tradition of going down the boozer on Christmas Day but for me that's just really wrong. It must be spent in the house. Quite apart from the fact that opening a boozer on Christmas Day denies those working in the place the chance to spend theirs at home.

You can get your christmas dinner in the station house/hotel in meath on the 25th also drink the place dry..

Â