General Chat

Stevo985

Finally been given a start date for my new job, start 2 weeks from Monday. Been looking at apartments all day in excitement and anticipation.

Also, Gareth, loving the new avatar by the way. Brilliant.

i was working in the centre of brum today and had to walk through the german market, its the same old shit, same shed every 50m, same overpriced stuff that you get better quality at aldi

no doubt at some point i'll grab some garlic bread and a burger but its not worth a day out IMO

and i know it funnels people giving the impression that its busier anyway but it was nuts today, packed pretty much all day from what i could tell, the margins on the stuff must be amazing, must make the council a pretty packet too

There's some proper scrooges on this thread. The Brum market is great. Yes, it's expensive and gets crowded at certain times but it brings a seasonal atmosphere to Birmingham's Winterval celebrations.

Been to Brum Christmas market a couple of times and liked it. Although I'm not usually fond of playing dodge-the-knobhead in crowded places, it gets me in the festive spirit - and Christmas is awesome.

Not sure I'd actually travel down to Brum just for it, but considering going for a game (possibly Stoke) if funds allow and having a walk around then.

Might try somewhere else this year too.

I love the crimble market, there's nowt better than paying £5 for a pint in the freezing cold and then looking at a stall selling small wooden carvings of donkeys or crap handmade jewellery whilst a gypsy begger tries to sell you a lucky flower. Go to worcester market, but don't go to the market go to the pubs there instead.

• Like 1

Â