General Chat

Stevo985

Montreal > Toronto 

interesting  .. I've got some free flights to use up with BA  and Montreal comes up as available during the Half term week that  the kids can make

I didn't think it looked all that exciting  .... would you say there is stuff there to keep an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old interested  ?

I went when I was about 15, and was only there for about 2 days.. It was a cool city though.

Don't think it's the most child friendly city tbh, but not sure.. Probably be better to ask someone who's been there recently and has kids :)

Montreal has a sizeable funfair close to the F1 track that I believe is open once the summer comes.  Though we might want to bring this to the travel forum soon.

Oh nevermind, that was single fair. BA is 200 quid more expensive. Okay I can't afford it, 770 is the cheapest I can get. Looks like Toronto is waiting til I go to Montreal in a couple of years :(

http://www.canadianaffair.com/

Never used them before but many of my Canadian friends have and whilst it brings new meaning to "cattle class", they're certainly cheaper than the big airlines.

Btw Vancouver > all other Canadian cities (IMO).

• Like 1

Vancouver is so far away though. I have such a limited time frame, by the time I get there it'll be time to come home.

EDIT: That site is certainly cheaper tho! Still bit above my price range.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Boat Race protester Trenton Oldfield being refused a visa to stay in Britain after the Home Office told him his continued presence in the country was not "conducive to the public good."

:D hope his 5 mins of fame was worth it  ....

Getting deported is a tad excessive for spoiling the whim of a few toffs.

the boat race is hardly the reserve of a few toffs

I doubt those below the upper middle classes really care about it

I can think of many people who are more worthy of deportation than that chap. Perhaps a few Lords/Ladies/Earls whateverthefucktheycallthemselves can be kicked out for holding on to huge amounts of the country through blood alone. I know one, especially, who 'owns' Lough Neagh (yes, the largest freshwater lake in the land is owned by an individual) and spends his time in Engerland and lets what should be a rather wonderful part of the country fall to bits. I mean, what the **** is that all about? Get rid of them already.

• Like 2

lots of toffs, an american or three and 25% of the BBC Sport budget

on the one hand it does feel a little over the top

on the other, if I was resident in another country on a temp basis and wanted to stay there, I'd probably keep my nose clean

• Like 1

estimates suggest 400 million people world wide watch the boat race 

in the daft statements to make list it's probably up there with only Toffs watch the Grand National

BBC1 viewing figures are skewed. It's the generic 'have it on in the background' channel.

And I'd hazard a guess that 400 million worldwide accounts for a huge amount of toffs :D

I wouldn't say I care for it but I do enjoy seeing Oxford win.

I do care for the varsity Rugby match though

article-2071712-0F1B2C0900000578-734_468

I wouldn't say I care for it but I do enjoy seeing Oxford win.

I do care for the varsity Rugby match though

article-2071712-0F1B2C0900000578-734_468

I **** hate Oxford. Sponsored/Made by Jack Wills  <_<

Oh nevermind, that was single fair. BA is 200 quid more expensive. Okay I can't afford it, 770 is the cheapest I can get. Looks like Toronto is waiting til I go to Montreal in a couple of years :(

Try Kayak as IMO they are the best flight aggregator site. Always found the cheapest flights for my long haul adventures

well that was fun

It has all just kicked off massive in the pub over the road from me, I heard shouting and looked out my window, there was shitloads of people standing outside the pub some white kid has threw a punch at a black geeza who proceeded to snot the poor little white kid, he fell over and was like Bambi on ice when he tried to get up, loads of little scuffles then the bouncers literally locked everyone inside the pub and a car pulled up and someone jumped out and smashed each and everyone of the windows of the pub.

from what I can make out it sounds like someone mite have been glassed and it was to do with a girl.

that was my nights entertainment anyway

I quite like drinking in here with all the windows boarded up...it makes the place even more depressing from the inside, I hope they leave them like this for a while

Â