General Chat

Stevo985

It's not really a religion is is though? That's one of their main beefs - all governments won't classify it

The next time someone comes up with the "Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship" horsecrap, I should bring up the fact that that's the only reason they are tax-exempt.

It's not really a religion is is though? That's one of their main beefs - all governments won't classify it

The next time someone comes up with the "Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship" horsecrap, I should bring up the fact that that's the only reason they are tax-exempt.

Indeed. And then you get the "I don't follow religion, I have a faith" lot.

Sunday night the guy from 3 doors down got stabbed and killed so the road was full of ambulances, riot vans and police cars. The police were still at the house this morning. Some argument that got completely out of hand really quickly. Sadly the guy has a teenage daughter who you hope wont have seen the incident but then cannot really imagine she didnt.

I have known the guy for nearly 10 years so its been a bit of a kick in the balls.

The one on Graham Road? Nasty business.

I am eating sweet corn straight from the tin, I don't know if that makes me pretty damn awesome or pretty damn trampy...I'll probably go with the latter.

I have food in to eat I just fancied it, I would have been better cooking something though, I nearly sliced my finger off whilst opening the tin

Many, if not most have. I heard the Belgians are trying to crush them in The Hague, which would bode well for Europe. They are pure evil and deploy their brownshirts at every turn. They've basically taken over the city of Clearwater, Florida through bribery and intimidation. It's deranged and scary, really. I **** hate them.

watching beyonce from the superbowl with the gf, no doubt she will want tickets which will be around £50, i really really dont get it, dont get me wrong think shes got an amazing voice but she spends about 70% of the song dancing whilst her backing singers sing the song

watching beyonce from the superbowl with the gf, no doubt she will want tickets which will be around £50, i really really dont get it, dont get me wrong think shes got an amazing voice but she spends about 70% of the song dancing whilst her backing singers sing the song

Haha, I know. It's all posing for the camera, choreography, and pyrotechnics. The songs are terrible. And although she can sing and has good range, her singing style is all over-the-top histrionics. Better with the sound off, in my opinion. 

buy the tickets but come down with an illness on the day of the gig, hey presto she **** off out with a last minute replacement and you can stay at home and get trollied

Many, if not most have. I heard the Belgians are trying to crush them in The Hague, which would bode well for Europe. They are pure evil and deploy their brownshirts at every turn. They've basically taken over the city of Clearwater, Florida through bribery and intimidation. It's deranged and scary, really. I **** hate them.

Jesus (pardon the expression) that's scary.

There is a church near me, in Finsbury Park (The Rainbow Theatre), that used to be the famous venue where Hendrix set fire to his guitar for the first time. It's a grand old place, but left to ruin in the late 1980s. The "Universal Church of the Kingdom of God" bought it in the mid to late nineties - some kind of Pentecostal sect from Brazil.

I've read a 'mystery congretation' article about it. Some bloke went there as an anonymous worshipper. On the way out, the burley security guards along with the preacher were giving a "money is material, you don't need it: give it to God for his work" attitude which was really aimed as some sort of emotional blackmail. The preachers of this place are infamous for exotic holidays (or missions, depending on how you look at it).

Bleh. It seems like it's really not that hard to convince people to part with money they need.

I appear to have got myself into a Twitter "spat" with Ben Dirs of BBC fame. :-\

define 'fame'

(It's a noun)

a. Great renown: e.g. a concert violinist of international fame.
b. Public estimation; reputation: e.g. a politician of ill fame.
2. Archaic Rumor.

sorry
Edited by islingtonclaret

I thought Clearwater was full of creationists?? 

Â