General Chat

Stevo985

If you have a betfair and a paddy power account it's free money time. Lambert to be manager is evens on paddy power, but you can lay the bet at 1.90 with betfair. Get on

I read about the Miami cannibal on the Telegraph's website, they go into more details than the BBC :puke:

Apparently he ate his face including his eyes and his nose down to his beard before getting shot.

There's not much to see. He's scoffed most of it.

He must have been confused - 'Eating your face off' is traditionally an ecstasy thing.

Can't imagine eating a raw nose is very nice - The usual psychedelic diet comprises of gum and boiled sweets.

I just passed first year exams for the third time. yay
OCD? Time to stop passing the first year and have a go at the second year.

(Well done, though!)

I read about the Miami cannibal on the Telegraph's website, they go into more details than the BBC :puke:

Apparently he ate his face including his eyes and his nose down to his beard before getting shot.

Most of the world"s Fruit Loops live in the U.S.of A

Most of the world"s Fruit Loops live in the U.S.of A

The threads about those people on Mt Everest and the Miami cannibal prove that there is intelligent life out in space.

Reading stuff like that would not make you want to come and visit.

Ad, thanks for the retweet, however you retweeted my request for a retweet and not the actually tweet I requested to be retweeted :lol:

Some bastards are never grateful! :winkold:

I just enjoyed writing that sentence out in all honesty 8)

Today's first. Cardamom tea. Exactly what I expected it would taste like (cardamoms, funnily enough) and more pleasant than I thought it would be.

So, Usain Bolt. Does he transcend nationality? He raced in Italy tonight (won the 100m in the 5th fastest time ever recorded) and the fans absolutely loved it. I dont think people see him as a Jamaican sprinter, I think they see him as a genuine sporting hero and everybody genuinely wants him to win in style every time he runs. How do you earn such universal appeal? There are countless examples of dominant athletes who havent been popular at all, so what is Bolt's secret?

Interesting question. I think it helps that he comes from a nationality that doesn't polarise support. Take Michael Johnson as an example. As dominant and freakish in nature as Bolt and he too was disproportionately liked, but as an American he couldn't 'transcend' such an imposing nationality. Bolt also doesn't take himself too seriously either, so he doesn't come across as aloof. So he's easy to like. He has speed the like of which has never been seen before - so he's a winner which also helps. And Jamaica is one of those nations everyone can have as a '2nd' team. And he has such an apt name :)

So, Usain Bolt. Does he transcend nationality? He raced in Italy tonight (won the 100m in the 5th fastest time ever recorded) and the fans absolutely loved it. I dont think people see him as a Jamaican sprinter, I think they see him as a genuine sporting hero and everybody genuinely wants him to win in style every time he runs. How do you earn such universal appeal? There are countless examples of dominant athletes who havent been popular at all, so what is Bolt's secret?

Extreme talent + personality. Mr M. Ali is the prime example, he would still stop traffic in any city in the world + I think it helps if the person looks to have overcome difficulties such as where they were born, poverty or racism for example.

Also, I think if you make it look easy helps or defy logic as with Tyson.

Â