General Chat

Stevo985

Hello there, are work I've done a Euro 2012 sweepstake and thought it might be interesting to stick the latest odds of winning next to each team. Sadly all gambling sites are blocked at work, could someone please post the odds to win for each of the 16 teams? Cheerz :D

If you havnt got them already;

Spain 13/5

Germany 3/1

Holland 15/2

England 9/1

France 11/1

Italy 14/1

Portugal 14/1

Russia 20/1

Ukraine 40/1

Croatia 50/1

Poland 50/1

Czech Republic 66/1

Greece 66/1

Sweden 66/1

Republic of Ireland 80/1

Denmark 100/1

All odds from Coral.

England at 9/1 with Hodgson in charge ?

You have got to be joking ????

I knew someone would jump in with that...

It is an English betting site. They will be taking bets every week on England from England fans all over the country.

The bookmaker will want to put the odds right down as low as they can so they don't go bankrupt if England do the impossible and actually win the thing. The odds don't reflect their chances of winning, it reflects their popularity.

If you went to an Italian betting site Italy would be right up there, if you went to a French site then the France odds would be short etc etc

I recon their true chance of winning is about 14 to 1 along with Italy and Portugal but there is no way an English bookie will offer you that.

Yep.

Odds aren't the chances of something happening, they're prices. The higher the odds, the "cheaper" the bet.

Therefore, if you have a high demand you can afford to set a high price. As LondonLax said, in England, people will always bet on England, so their price can be relatvely expensive, more expensive than their actual chances of winning, as reflected on that list.

If you went to a Danish bookies there is no way they'd be 100/1.

Would ask in tech section but it takes a while to get an answer, feel free to move it.

How much do you normally get charged for going over your mobile Internet allowance? Say your allowed 750 a month and you end up using 1gb is it a matter of paying a few extra pounds or is it like a tenner or summat?

Argh, it's sunny and warm and humid and all the fat and poor people are scantily clad and there is country music blarin' from a pickup truck and what's that? Pollen! Joy of joys time to sneeze and get headaches and puffy eyes and get told I should just enjoy myself but no **** that I prefer a cool sunshine and slighty cloudy kind of day not this shite with the implacable advances of flies and bugs and any **** thing that moves into the house and the constant facebook status updates of how lovely everything is and pictures of pints and sunny delight which get twenty likes and comments of amazeballs!!!!! So **** all that but there is an upside there is always an upside and that is I don't have children so no listening to screaming and and laughing for me no demands for money for ice cream and lollipops and water pistols because you have to have a super soaker otherwise you are a dork. There is kids outside there always is but thankfully I have headphones and a decent music collection so I'll chill to the sounds of jamaica and enjoy a nice cool glass of oj while everyone else gets sweaty and agitated in the heat because that's all it does that's why the middle east is so bloody angry and the swedes are so coooool

Argh, it's sunny and warm and humid and all the fat and poor people are scantily clad and there is country music blarin' from a pickup truck and what's that? Pollen! Joy of joys time to sneeze and get headaches and puffy eyes and get told I should just enjoy myself but no **** that I prefer a cool sunshine and slighty cloudy kind of day not this shite with the implacable advances of flies and bugs and any **** thing that moves into the house and the constant facebook status updates of how lovely everything is and pictures of pints and sunny delight which get twenty likes and comments of amazeballs!!!!! So **** all that but there is an upside there is always an upside and that is I don't have children so no listening to screaming and and laughing for me no demands for money for ice cream and lollipops and water pistols because you have to have a super soaker otherwise you are a dork. There is kids outside there always is but thankfully I have headphones and a decent music collection so I'll chill to the sounds of jamaica and enjoy a nice cool glass of oj while everyone else gets sweaty and agitated in the heat because that's all it does that's why the middle east is so bloody angry and the swedes are so coooool

Top post! It's like you can read my mind.

How much is a lot? £10, £50? I'm on orange.

I was trying to panic you

There's a site that's really useful for this kind of stuff. It's called Google. You should try it! ;) ;)

There are two daily caps for mobile internet browsing. The plan you are on will determine which one applies to you.

You'll either be charged:

A flat rate of £1 a day for mobile internet browsing, this is subject to a daily fair use limit of 25MB. If you have a mobile internet browsing bundle this will also be the daily rate you pay if you go over your allowance. This rate applies to all new and upgrading customers from 1 April 2011.

A flat rate of just 61p a day for mobile internet browsing, this is subject to a daily fair use limit of 25MB. If you have a mobile internet browsing bundle this will also be the daily rate you pay if you go over your allowance. or

£3.06 per Megabyte, up to a maximum of £1.54 a day, this too is subject to a daily fair use limit of 25MB.

You can find out which daily cap is applicable to you, more information about mobile internet browsing charges and information about the different bundles available in the price guide.

I'm quite happy with the kids, the sunshine, the beer and the country music. Not keen on the hay fever, but sticking steroids up my nose does the trick.

I'm quite happy with the kids, the sunshine, the beer and the country music. Not keen on the hay fever, but sticking steroids up my nose does the trick.

Watch out for the 'roid rage!

Trying to decide if adding a few vt'ers on facebook is an acceptable thing to do or is crossing a line into the borderline creepy/stalking side of things?

Whilst everyone's been looking at Dubai the new capital of Kazakhstan, Astana, has pulled a fast one.

s3eu4x.jpg

14nkd4i.jpg

zazhigalka_051.jpg

The locals thought this one looked like a lighter, then it caught light - twice.

Space-age cities popping up everywhere (with oil). :detect:

I watched a great documentary on Astana on a plane, just a few weeks ago. The president is one of these gets-what-he-wants types and pulled no punches in designing a new skyline. The picture of the top is the worlds biggest tent because the construction is mainly of air filled strips of plastic.

Some completely mental Turkish engineer and architect worked on it for 24 hours for almost 12 months to get it finished in time for something (presidents Birthday I think..) anyway. The surrounding temperatures in Astana, in the winter are around -40c so they decided to build a huge all-year-round resort inside it. Shopping mall, spa centre, hotels and another shit-load of entertaining shit.

Â