General Chat

Stevo985

Bumped into a mate who I went to school with this morning, hadn't seen him for 5 or 6 years. When I saw him I thought he was just drunk or something as he always liked a drink, he looked a bit dazed and his speech was slurred. Unfortunately that wasn't it. Some lad had hit him and he fell and his head and back took a bit of a bang, he's got a big scar on his head where he had surgery and walks with a limp and he's quite obviously not all there. Absoloutely horrible to see him like that, you just don't know what to say when you're talking to him. :(

Still going to the Villa though, good lad.

Getting a puppy tomorrow, can't wait.

lol, we got one a few weeks back. Dogs are ace

what sort you got ?

Ya dogs are great, getting a springer spaniel.

They are as mad as a bag of spanners!

what sort you got ?

Never understood this, in what way is a bag of spanner's mad?

what sort you got ?

Never understood this, in what way is a bag of spanner's mad?

Because when you put a bunch of retards in a bag, they tend to get a little 'twitchy'..

Bumped into a mate who I went to school with this morning, hadn't seen him for 5 or 6 years. When I saw him I thought he was just drunk or something as he always liked a drink, he looked a bit dazed and his speech was slurred. Unfortunately that wasn't it. Some lad had hit him and he fell and his head and back took a bit of a bang, he's got a big scar on his head where he had surgery and walks with a limp and he's quite obviously not all there. Absoloutely horrible to see him like that, you just don't know what to say when you're talking to him. :(

Still going to the Villa though, good lad.

Damn, that sucks.

I'm sure someone on here can answer the question I've been asked by my colleague... during the war when football was banned from the city centre where did Villa play their games?

Been checking my copy of Aston Villa, The History of a great football club, 1874-1960 and it isn't very clear but it does say:

The War-time International between England and Scotland was played at Villa Park

I guess it depends when football was banned.

It also says that Small Heath games were played at VP for a time after an accidental fire at St Andrews!

From the brilliant Villa Park 100 Years:

"in September 1940 Villa Park should remain closed. Instead, Villa's home games were staged in front of meagre crowds at the ground of Solihull Town (which lay where the Gilliver Road is now, by Shirley Park)"

Villa Park was reopened (for football) in 1941

It also says that Small Heath games were played at VP for a time after an accidental fire at St Andrews!
I think it's telling that they had to qualify it that the fire was accidental. Unusual in the sty area.

Took me 50 mins to do the school run this morning as the A320 into Woking was shut

seems this was why !!

1444hvc.jpg

the Roundabout you can see behind it is the McLaren roundabout home of the racing team ... the rumour is they have a huge underground track built there ..wonder if it has anything to do with the road subsiding like that ?

Â