General Chat

Stevo985

57 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

**** sake, bad aids it is then ☹️

I'm not sure to be honest.

You get the same results with The Black Death as well👍

13 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

So, the police have just cordoned off the adjacent street to me because they've apparently found someone with a live hand grenade.

Scared Laugh GIFs | Tenor

Chill mate, it’s a lighter 

Anyone got an Induction hob? Our gas hob is reaching end of life and Mrs Sidcow seems keen as am I to go electric.  I've heard mixed reviews though but in my experience a lot of people have agenda's when talking about electric tech.  Would like to hear from someone who actually uses one. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone got an Induction hob? Our gas hob is reaching end of life and Mrs Sidcow seems keen as am I to go electric.  I've heard mixed reviews though but in my experience a lot of people have agenda's when talking about electric tech.  Would like to hear from someone who actually uses one. 

Not got one, ordered one once and then realised we needed another fuse on the box and a mofo cable and a giant kill switch thing…. And we’d just tiled the kitchen so we ditched that plan and went gas again.

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Not got one, ordered one once and then realised we needed another fuse on the box and a mofo cable and a giant kill switch thing…. And we’d just tiled the kitchen so we ditched that plan and went gas again.

That's where I am, wondering how to wire it in. At first I thought I'd need a very major re-wire but I think I've worked out that I can run it behind the kitchen cupboards reasonably easily. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's where I am, wondering how to wire it in. At first I thought I'd need a very major re-wire but I think I've worked out that I can run it behind the kitchen cupboards reasonably easily. 

Just need a big fat kill switch on the wall near to the hob. 

22 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

well, black death or aids, at least I can be grateful it ain't Parkinsons, last time I had that I just couldn't shake it off

14 days still positive now, feeling a little better but still constantly fatigued and having to log off from work and put myself to bed multiple times a day, concentration levels are zero, still got a cough and still feel like I've got a really bad head cold.

Called the quacks yesterday and he's prescribed me some antibiotics (not sure what they'll do) and he said that if I'm still struggling in 3 or 4 weeks then they'll get me looked at for long covid.

Just now, leemond2008 said:

14 days still positive now, feeling a little better but still constantly fatigued and having to log off from work and put myself to bed multiple times a day, concentration levels are zero, still got a cough and still feel like I've got a really bad head cold.

Called the quacks yesterday and he's prescribed me some antibiotics (not sure what they'll do) and he said that if I'm still struggling in 3 or 4 weeks then they'll get me looked at for long covid.

I had a chest infection straight off the back of Covid, I think it’s quite common. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just need a big fat kill switch on the wall near to the hob. 

Needs it's own dedicated circuit from the fuse box apparently. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can't comment on the wiring situation but I love my induction, temperature control is great once you get used to it and they can get really hot / boil water incredibly quickly. Ease of cleaning obviously is the major benefit on other hobs.

• Thanks 1

Huge military transport plane has just flown very low over my house in Shirley.  Something to do with Ukraine maybe?

During the Gulf wars a lot of planes would fly into Birmingham airport and then chinooks would ferry injured soldiers to The QE military dept.

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Huge military transport plane has just flown very low over my house in Shirley.  Something to do with Ukraine maybe?

Do you think the UAF can liberate Shirley?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do you think the UAF can liberate Shirley?

I did think I saw Prigozhin in Shirley Retail Park yesterday, but may have just been a balding overweight middle age bloke.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I did think I saw Prigozhin in Shirley Retail Park yesterday, but may have just been a balding overweight middle age bloke.

Post on poster mods.

• Haha 4

Â