General Chat

Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Britain facing plague of 300 million super-rats who can chew through concrete

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/britain-facing-plague-of-300-million-super-rats-who-can-chew-through-concrete/ar-AA1aAPQM?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=e0ead6e9c5424bf5b941a528c879624f&ei=11

The UK is facing a plague of 300 million monstrous super-rats capable of gnawing on steel and chewing through concrete. The fearsome army of rodents have been bolstering their ranks since lockdown, when they started invading homes, gardens and basements to find places to nest.

Pest controllers have recorded rats getting larger and members of the public have reported sightings of giant specimens up and down the UK. Fast-food waste and calorie-laden foods have been blamed for fuelling the rise in the rodent size and population.

During the early days of the coronavirus lockdown more than half of UK pest controllers reported an increase in rodent activity as the populations of rats moved from deserted city centres to people's homes and gardens in search of food.

This is definitely on the cards, I read a book about it some time ago by a fella called Herbert.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I love how they consistently put the word super in front to scare people.

Super Rat - Etsy UK

Invasion of giant 'super rats' to hit Britain due to mild winter - Mirror  Online

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s the detail of the two smaller articles side by side that gets me every time its rolled out.

That kind of stuff in the main article is so persuasive. I want a pasty now.

On 02/05/2023 at 09:48, Genie said:

I love how they consistently put the word super in front to scare people.

saw a video the other day where a rat walks up to a mouse / rat trap  .. studies it , and then disappears ... comes back with a stick in its mouth , uses the stick to set off the trap and then grabs the cheese 

they will be putting saddles on dogs before you know it and using them to ride around the place terrorising people 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's a Rook in the tree outside my kitchen window. It has a massive beak. 

Is this SOE using the BBC to send coded messages to the French resistance? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's a Rook in the tree outside my kitchen window. It has a massive beak.

A pigeon, a young one, has taken up loitering in m' yard. Presumably because there are bird feeders and seeds fall from them onto the ground when the other birds feed. But the bloody thing sits in the trough where the carrots are growing and crushes all the leaves down, It's too stupid/fearless to fly away and isn't that skilled at flying, either yet. I don't want to hurt it, but I also don't want to have it scoff all m'veg shoots.

I think I need to get me an eagle.

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

A pigeon, a young one, has taken up loitering in m' yard. Presumably because there are bird feeders and seeds fall from them onto the ground when the other birds feed. But the bloody thing sits in the trough where the carrots are growing and crushes all the leaves down, It's too stupid/fearless to fly away and isn't that skilled at flying, either yet. I don't want to hurt it, but I also don't want to have it scoff all m'veg shoots.

17miles from the station the red sun shines on the parsnips. Roger Wilco.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

keep 'em off your peas.

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

17miles from the station the red sun shines on the parsnips. Roger Wilco.

The pigeon is ringed. Red ring on left leg, black ring on right leg. I can't read the letters or numbers

Â