General Chat

Stevo985

53 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My Mrs said they should torture the location from them 

Probably doing that "no comment", act in front of a duty solicitor. Cannot believe they can get away with that, should be charged on the spot if they do not talk. I don't think that is allowed in any other country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Probably doing that "no comment", act in front of a duty solicitor. Cannot believe they can get away with that, should be charged on the spot if they do not talk. I don't think that is allowed in any other country.

Fifth amendment allow you right to not say anything in the US.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

If your no comment, your pretty much guilty,  so we should allow them to beat the confession out of them. 😂

Omelette and eggs innit

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thank **** our legal system doesn’t agree with this

yep

and this has been talked about before, being unable to recount your testimony / statement gives a lawyer the opening to introduce doubt and discredit you on the stand which can be used to portray guilt

obviously changes given context and circumstance but you're better off saying somewhere between as little as possible and absolutely nothing, the more detail you tell the first time the more detail you have to repeat the second time

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If I was ever arrested I'd be saying no comment to everything until a lawyer I trusted told me to answer. 

Johnny tight lips

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If I was ever arrested I'd be saying no comment to everything until a lawyer I trusted told me to answer. 

Depends if you innocent or not. If innocent, what you got to hide, just tell the truth, in front of a solicitor.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Depends if you innocent or not. If innocent, what you got to hide, just tell the truth, in front of a solicitor.

I've seen enough crime documentaries to know that innocent people get locked up for things they didn't do. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Thank **** our legal system doesn’t agree with this

I very much doubt if your completely innocent you would hardly go no comment, unless your acting up, like a ard man teeny bopper. Although I guess if your caught down an alley with your winky out, you'd wanna go no comment. 😂

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've seen enough crime documentaries to know that innocent people get locked up for things they didn't do. 

Probably went no comment.

Let me know a recent one? I would guess it'd be extremely hard to gain the evidence needed to convict a innocent person today.

Â