General Chat

Stevo985

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133.amp

Anyone worried? Threat just to scare people to stop or they actually doing it?

I doubt they are going after Jo average who watches the villa game once a week  , Millington who they name in that article , had created a platform that allowed thousands of people to watch Netflix , Sky etc for free 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I doubt they are going after Jo average who watches the villa game once a week  , Millington who they name in that article , had created a platform that allowed thousands of people to watch Netflix , Sky etc for free 

I imagine the number of people who watch streams runs into the millions. As you say, they will be going after the big players who manage the servers first. 

If my access to shows/films etc comes to an end, then its been a golod run, very little downtime, a good price and all the shows I want that just arent available here. If the person that provides them is closed down then it will be time to find a new one, and thats the crux, chop off the head, a new one grows back.

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Indeed. They claim in the article two people were sentenced for watching streams, and in both cases they were running their own platforms for distributing content. Fear and lies.

As always though, if you're doing something the police might not approved of, use a VPN.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I imagine the number of people who watch streams runs into the millions. As you say, they will be going after the big players who manage the servers first. 

I think its more than that. But this comes to companies like sky and virgin charging stupid prices  to watch football. I mean its ridiculous.  If they charged the same prices that these streaming services do everyone  would be on sky and wouldnt use the streaming services  as they buffer and are not as clear.

If it wasnt for greed these platforms wouldnt exist.

Good to see the police are using their resources on this instead of capturing home burglaries and car thefts whoch they practically useless and dont give a shit

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

That's my thinking (hoping!)

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its more than that. But this comes to companies like sky and virgin charging stupid prices  to watch football. I mean its ridiculous.  If they charged the same prices that these streaming services do everyone  would be on sky and wouldnt use the streaming services  as they buffer and are not as clear.

If it wasnt for greed these platforms wouldnt exist.

Not to mention the fact that you need to pay for multiple services (sky/bt/amazon)

If the PL introduced a service where you could watch any PL game like the NFL do (I think?) I'd pay for it

I'm just not willing to pay for sky and bt when I'm not interested in watching any other sports 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Not to mention the fact that you need to pay for multiple services (sky/bt/amazon)

If the PL introduced a service where you could watch any PL game like the NFL do (I think?) I'd pay for it

I'm just not willing to pay for sky and bt when I'm not interested in watching any other sports 

Years ago 1 supplier could buy all the games, it was usually Sky. 

Then someone decided it was better to force customers to need multiple subscriptions if they wanted to watch all games…

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Years ago 1 supplier could buy all the games, it was usually Sky. 

Then someone decided it was better to force customers to need multiple subscriptions if they wanted to watch all games…

It was pitched as a victory for the people as the monopoly was broken up.

Of course in reality it meant tripling of costs in order to watch the same amount of football.

And the world keeps turning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Of course in reality it meant tripling of costs in order to watch the same amount of football.

Well, or people who subscribe to, say, BT Sport but not Sky Sports get to watch some Premier League football.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This isn't true, we have 200 games broadcast now, it was only 110 when Sky had sole rights

Still shite, mind you. I'd happily pay a fair price to get a Villa digital season ticket, but what is it, about £70 a month to watch about half of our matches? Nah. I'll buy match by match for NowTv, and I pay for Prime, but for the games on BT or not broadcast in the UK I'll keep sailing the high sees.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Yep me too

But they'd need the same agreement that the NFL has where it all goes in to one pot which is then split

If I pay per month for every villa game that money can't go solely to Villa because the disparity with utd / Liverpool etc would kill it and it wouldn't recover

FWIW 2 or 3 years back sky Germany did a 10€ a month every PL game subscription, if you wanted bundesliga or CL it was more (CL was also on dazn) had it for a year and it was brilliant, second year went to do the same and they wanted 30€ a month because they were giving me F1 too... Binned that off

3 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why did they put "fire sticks"?

It's not a nick name, that's what they're called!

My guess would be that they're telling you what they are whilst tip toeing around saying that amazon are linked to illegal activity

Kodi is a legit app on the firestick and xbox so I'm not overly worried about using it

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah the whole system stinks. Amazon i pay £7.99 a month i think but i think the service is totally worth it. You get free delivery witb most things films tv and the odd football.

If sky did something like you pay £10 a month for just football or (preferably just villa) i would pay that. But your paying close to £100 in most packages. Its a rip off

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Well, or people who subscribe to, say, BT Sport but not Sky Sports get to watch some Premier League football.

Yeah but the subscription cost for BT Sport alone equates to whatever you'd have paid for Sky Sports previously and you'd have had everything.

Nowadays in order to watch the same amount of football you'd need a Sky Sports, BT Sports, Amazon Prime plus one or two others which have picked up La Liga and some of the Scottish football - it all used to be on Sky

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This isn't true, we have 200 games broadcast now, it was only 110 when Sky had sole rights

Still shite, mind you. I'd happily pay a fair price to get a Villa digital season ticket, but what is it, about £70 a month to watch about half of our matches? Nah. I'll buy match by match for NowTv, and I pay for Prime, but for the games on BT or not broadcast in the UK I'll keep sailing the high sees.

Yeah but that number would have gone up anyway, the 110 wasn't to do with Sky, that was the Premier League's decision in terms of the packages they sold and how many live games it entails, and that's just the Premier League anyway.

Think about what it was actually like a decade or so ago, one subscription to Sky Sports and you had; Premier League, Football League, League Cup, Champions League, La Liga, Scottish football, MLS and occasionally German / Italian too.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Think about what it was actually like a decade or so ago, one subscription to Sky Sports and you had; Premier League, Football League, League Cup, Champions League, La Liga, Scottish football, MLS and occasionally German / Italian too.

And we're told more companies bidding and winning the rights to show football is better for the consumer. Yeah, sure it is.

Â