General Chat

Stevo985

Sneezin' and coughin' and splutterin' like a mofo for the past few days. Nae good. My usual remedy of Lucozade and chocolate raisins hasn't worked.

What do y'all do when sick? I've never been a fan of chicken soup.

Sleep for 48 hours. As soon as you wake up you have a window of about 90 seconds to get back to sleep or that's you awake.

Two nurofen cold and flu tablets with a lemsip. Wait for the lemsip to cool for a bit then down it with tablets.

From then on...half a lemons juice with warm water throughout the day.

The lemon juice also cuts the phlegm.

*I'm not a doctor. This may or may not help you, this is what works for me. I claim no responsibility for death or aids*

Sneezin' and coughin' and splutterin' like a mofo for the past few days. Nae good. My usual remedy of Lucozade and chocolate raisins hasn't worked.

You just have to ride it out. I diagnose whiskey / whisky, rum, and brandy. It won't help cure you, but you won't give as much of a shit.

• Like 2

Two nurofen cold and flu tablets with a lemsip. Wait for the lemsip to cool for a bit then down it with tablets.

*I'm not a doctor. This may or may not help you, this is what works for me. I claim no responsibility for death or aids*

I would have to agree with the nurofen cold and flu tablets ....anytime I have a cold its the only thing I would use (probably not best to take with a lemsip though)  .....Do you chaps over the water have to be interrogated by the pharmacist before they issue you with nurofen or is it just in Ireland   

You just have to ride it out. I diagnose whiskey / whisky, rum, and brandy. It won't help cure you, but you won't give as much of a shit.

If the cold comes with a headache, I just can't drink. It totally amplifies the headache.

(Delap meme)

I would have to agree with the nurofen cold and flu tablets ....anytime I have a cold its the only thing I would use (probably not best to take with a lemsip though)  .....Do you chaps over the water have to be interrogated by the pharmacist before they issue you with nurofen or is it just in Ireland   

Nah, you can get 'em in the supermarket.

I know there are some regulations in place that prevent you from buying a certain amount at one time, although I'm not exactly sure what the point is when you can just buy more at another store.

Liability ;)

• Like 1

yep, that's a thing, but as mentioned, you can walk down the High Street and buy a couple of packs in every shop 

Acetone is another that's sort of controlled. We have to phone ahead to the chemist if we want to buy a half litre bottle instead of just going to boots and buying 60 little bottles of nail varnish remover. Even then, they sometimes decline to hand it over. I've been refused acetone. Stupid thing is, you can go on Amazon and buy a warehouse full of the stuff. Perhaps terrorist and drug types don't have internet.

I know there are some regulations in place that prevent you from buying a certain amount at one time, although I'm not exactly sure what the point is when you can just buy more at another store.

I buy Nurofen plus for my knees and get a grilling that a Gestapo officer would be proud of  and then lectures about how they are addictive ( they really aren't I've been taking them for years  ) and that I shouldn't  take them for more than 3 days  ..... and they ask me if I want the 32  tablet box  that would last for around 5 -  10 days depending on how big a dose I took each time

When did those drinks become an illness? ;)

When did those drinks become an illness? ;)

round about the time I started pouring them on my cornflakes in the morning

• Like 1

Do you chaps over the water have to be interrogated by the pharmacist before they issue you with nurofen or is it just in Ireland   

Ahhh, pharmacists.  I can never hold in the patronising 'oh here we go' smirk when they pipe up.  Stop asking me questions.  You tried to be a doctor.  You're a newsagent in a white coat.  Give me my drowzy Benylin (no, the non-drowzy doesn't f**king work) and my packet of fisherman's friend and we can all get on with our day. 

**** ing THIS. My missus has an ongoing prescription for a rheumatoid arthritis drug (methotrexate). She's been taking it for years, and will do until she dies. The doctors will only prescribe two weeks worth at a time, which pisses her off mightily. On top of that, the pharmacists CONSTANTLY **** up the prescription - either the wrong amount, the wrong dosage, the wrong brand (one particular brand causes an allergic reaction - they know about this), or it simply isn't ready on the day it's supposed to be ("Can you just pop back tomorrow?").

If they're like this with all their customers, they're probably killing people.

Â