Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. We all joked about it, but they've actually done it!

The whole 9 goals

I'd have called it "As Good as it Gets" but each to their own.

I was mocking a spud I know and he reckons they release a DVD of all their games, even the ones they lose :shock: I suppose that's why they are one of the richest clubs in England :(

Thought Spurs looked pretty good today. They seem very predictable though. Kranjcar, whenever on the ball, did the same move every single time to try and get away from his man. In the 2nd half Petrov and NRC became wise to it and he just didn't play many good passes due to lack of space. Huddlestone just shoots, Lennon has to beat his man to be succesful as his crossing is still very poor. Didn't really notice Palacios. Though their left back had a decent game, can't really recall Milner having the beating of him. Nice finish from Thierry Dawson.

Think a draw would have been fair given the performance, we defended well and the goal they scored shouldn't have stood, but their attacking play over the game justified the point.

I'm annoyed, i really feel like the Man City game that we allowed Spurs to take the initiative, we would moving the ball lovely in the first half but started to clam up towards the end of it, nothing altered during the break and from then on it was inevitable that they'd score. Rather than shoe horning Gabby/Carew into a 4-5-1 in these type of games i feel we should either try and keep the shape with conviction or take a forward off to properly shut up shop.

It makes you wonder how we'd look if we'd have actually won the game we led in. I can count Blackburn/Man City and Spurs. plus 7 points i think.

Thought Spurs looked pretty good today. They seem very predictable though. Kranjcar, whenever on the ball, did the same move every single time to try and get away from his man. In the 2nd half Petrov and NRC became wise to it and he just didn't play many good passes due to lack of space. Huddlestone just shoots, Lennon has to beat his man to be succesful as his crossing is still very poor. Didn't really notice Palacios. Though their left back had a decent game, can't really recall Milner having the beating of him. Nice finish from Thierry Dawson.

Think a draw would have been fair given the performance, we defended well and the goal they scored shouldn't have stood, but their attacking play over the game justified the point.

I thought we were lucky to get a point, in the 2nd half I don't recall us having a shot on target.

I thought we were lucky to get a point, in the 2nd half I don't recall us having a shot on target.

Lucky to get a point, yet if the ref did his job properly we get all 3.

Lucky to get a point, yet if the ref did his job properly we get all 3.

I've just seen it on MOTD, and had the shoe been on the other foot and we'd have had that goal disallowed for handball, i'd feel rather hard done by.

Spurs got what they deserved, draw was a fair result.

joey55:

I just hope Dawson plays, I really do! :lol:

You must be chuffed.

He still looked average defensively. Cuellar > Dawson (and every Spurs central-defender for that matter lol).

I have noticed that recently Villa fans have started talking about their great defence. I think you have decent defenders, but nothing special. Come the end of the season i doubt you'll have conceded significantly less than us, or maybe even more. I think because you've had quite a few clean sheets, it's brought attention to the defence and given them more credit than they deserve. Friedel has had to make more saves than any other GK in the Prem and by quite a distance. It doesn't make much sense that your defenders are that good, if you keeper is having to save you so often. Richard Dunne and Collins can't suddenly have turned into top class defenders because they are now wearing Villa shirts. I've always thought they are pretty good, but I've read about you having better defenders than us a few times on this board and I'm not convinced. I think Friedel is a great GK. But I think the main difference is that Leds and Woody have injury problems. When fit they are in a different league to anything you have.

joey55:

I just hope Dawson plays, I really do! :lol:

You must be chuffed.

He still looked average defensively. Cuellar > Dawson (and every Spurs central-defender for that matter lol).

I have noticed that recently Villa fans have started talking about their great defence. I think you have decent defenders, but nothing special. Come the end of the season i doubt you'll have conceded significantly less than us, or maybe even more. I think because you've had quite a few clean sheets, it's brought attention to the defence and given them more credit than they deserve. Friedel has had to make more saves than any other GK in the Prem and by quite a distance. It doesn't make much sense that your defenders are that good, if you keeper is having to save you so often. Richard Dunne and Collins can't suddenly have turned into top class defenders because they are now wearing Villa shirts. I've always thought they are pretty good, but I've read about you having better defenders than us a few times on this board and I'm not convinced. I think Friedel is a great GK. But I think the main difference is that Leds and Woody have injury problems. When fit they are in a different league to anything you have.

Oh my, this will not end well...

Â