Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

To be honest, I fully expect Defoe to shoot three past us next week. They are on a roll, and we are as inconsistent as ever.

Tott 9-1 Wigan

Tott 2-0 Sunderland

Arse 3-0 Tott

Tott 2-0 Everton

Tott 0-1 Stoke

Ports 1-2 Tott

Not exactly consistent or one a roll really.

Make no mistake, Tottenham are a very good attacking team and can put teams to the sword seemingly with ease, one thing we fail to do time and again. But some of those goals Wigan conceded were laughable.

Spurs defence is mentally and physically brittle - something we can exploit if we are good enough to take our chances.

This isn't really true. For most of the season so far Wooodgate and Dawson have been injured. King and Bassong have also been injured for about half our games.

That's effectively what I mean by physically brittle though. Trip over a blade of grass and Woodgate's out for 6 weeks.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawson is shocking, please play him! One of the most over-rated players in the league!

You said this before and I asked you to say when he last had a bad game. He's clearly not over rated. Most people are of the same opinion as you and I'd like to know what you are basing this opinion on. On Spurs messageboards he was criticised like crazy during the first half of the 2007/8 season and has many detractors, but he's kept them quiet for well over a year now. There are many Spurs fans that would love an excuse to have a pop at him but they simply haven't been able to. He just hasn't had a bad game in such a long time, even though he's been in and out through injury, each time he comes in he's be really good. I can understand you calling him shocking based on his 2007/8 form, but if you can form an opinion on that period, surely you can form an alternative opinion based on the last 18 months when he's been really good.

Dawson is a poor centre half. Gabby has given him the run around last few times he has played (then again Gabby would do that to good centre halves these days). Dawson is too slow and not strong enough, hope he plays.

My view on Dawson based on what I saw of him at Forest and what I've seen at Spurs is that he is fine when going to meet the ball but as soon as it gets behind him he is a liability. This may not have been evident lately I really have no idea I try not to watch Spurs as I struggle to cope with the huge amounts of collective ball sucking they recieve from the media plus my rather well documented dislike for their manager but it is a major issue in his game and sooner or later it will be exposed again.

On numerous occasions I have seen gabby totally take Dawson to pieces through his pace and by getting in behind him and given as I say the only time I watch Spurs is against Villa this weakness in his game rather shapes my view on him.

IMO Huddlestone could be a great player, you can train fitness but not technique and he has that in abundance. Dawson is a bit like a young Dunne, not very good when the balls played behind him and liable to a few games that are shocking.

Really looking forward to this game now, Villa have nothing to lose IMO. Our players have lots to prove, Young, Milner, Heskey and Gabby versus Lennon, Defoe and Crouch.

PS I do not relish Defoe running at Dunne, but would love to see Gabby running at Dawson. Up the Villa!

Huddlestone and Dawson are both very average players.

Looking forward to Saturday though - once again I'll be in with the Spurs fans flicking the V's at the rest of my family in the Holte End ;)

Don't let Arry see you, you know how strongily he feels about that kind of behaviour especially if a smoke screen is required.

Even after spanking Wigan it seems Spurs fans are actually quite worried about Saturday! Did they not watch the 1st half of the Burnley game?

I think most Spurs fans would be happy with a draw. Villa away is a fixture when we'd expect to drop points and Wigan at home was a game where we'd expect to gain maximum points. That won't have changed because of the ease with which we beat Wigan. Before the Wigan game many Spurs fans were predicting we'd lose, as we didn't look great againt Sunderland.

Don't let Arry see you, you know how strongily he feels about that kind of behaviour especially if a smoke screen is required.

Funnily enough I was at the Villa v Portsmouth game when he flicked the V's at the Holte End. I happily joined in with the anti-Harry chants at the time :lol:

Funnily enough I was at the Villa v Portsmouth game when he flicked the V's at the Holte End. I happily joined in with the anti-Harry chants at the time :lol:

Its funny really a lot of my good friends are Spurs fans and everyone of them thought Arry was a grade A tosser bag until he became Spurs boss then one by one they have changed their tune.

Only one now considers him a toss bag who happens to be a good manager which I think is the apt description.

Feel free to join in the Arry abuse on Saturday if you wish we all will be. :D

joey55:

As far as I am aware he started 13 league games last season which your telling me was a good season for him.

Just a flavour of some of his great performances:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7551168.stm

"Sanli Tuncay, Jeremie Aliadiere and Alves were forever causing the Spurs backline - and Michael Dawson in particular - problems"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7601910.stm

"After Barry had fed Young on the half-way line, he dragged Dawson in then rounded the Spurs defender before shooting weakly at the centre of goal"

"Dawson, who let Young pass far too easily"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7665101.stm

"There was still time for more drama in the 11 minutes of injury time as Dawson was given a straight red card for a foot-up challenge on Sidibe"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7788416.stm

"The pressure eventually told when Bednar shrugged off his marker Dawson to get on the end of Cech's raking long ball and score from 10 yards out"

That's just 4 of the first 8 games he started in the league!

I just hope Dawson plays, I really do! :lol:

Its funny really a lot of my good friends are Spurs fans and everyone of them thought Arry was a grade A tosser bag until he became Spurs boss then one by one they have changed their tune.

Only one now considers him a toss bag who happens to be a good manager which I think is the apt description.

Feel free to join in the Arry abuse on Saturday if you wish we all will be. :D

Yeah, I can't say I was a big fan of Redknapp either. Never liked him tapping up players left, right and center via the media! Have understandably warmed to him a lot since taking over though!! Still a mouthy so and so in the press, but hes got us playing some pretty decent stuff at least.

Should be a cracking game on Saturday though I think. I've always quite liked Villa because so many of my family support them, and I think our clubs are very similar in many ways. Both clubs with a proud history, but have done very little the last couple of decades. Strong English core etc Don't understand why fans of either club dislike each other to be honest - maybe it's because we're so alike!

Should be a cracking game on Saturday though I think. I've always quite liked Villa because so many of my family support them, and I think our clubs are very similar in many ways. Both clubs with a proud history, but have done very little the last couple of decades. Strong English core etc Don't understand why fans of either club dislike each other to be honest - maybe it's because we're so alike!

Yeah it should be a good one although after your 9-1 win and us winning our last home game 5-1 its got 0-0 written all over it :D

I can't answer why Spurs fans don't like Villa I'll leave that one to you Spurs fans to answer. The reason we don't like Spurs is that you are right we are similar clubs in everyone's eyes other than the London based media who's ankles have been dangling out of Spurs' collective ring piece for the last 20 years and most Spurs fans who think thye are bigger and better than they are.

Yeah it should be a good one although after your 9-1 win and us winning our last home game 5-1 its got 0-0 written all over it :D

I can't answer why Spurs fans don't like Villa I'll leave that one to you Spurs fans to answer. The reason we don't like Spurs is that you are right we are similar clubs in everyone's eyes other than the London based media who's ankles have been dangling out of Spurs' collective ring piece for the last 20 years and most Spurs fans who think thye are bigger and better than they are.

I've never heard any Spud fans say anything bad about us and I don't think they have a problem with us... probably because we're not arrogant, overrating our own players and thinking we're better than we actually are, ahh that sounds familiar lol.

Â