PL: Wolves a Match Thread 2009/10/24 12:45

limpid

I just want the 3 points, really not bothered about the number of goals we score. If this wasn't a local derby game I would be very confident of a win as put simply they aren't very good but it is a derby game and as such you never know. We are favourites for sure but I can't see us winning by 3 or 4.

Guys lets not be cocky saying we're going to 'thrash' them etc... Lets laugh at them after if we beat them, not beforehand and then losing because it'll make us look like dickheads. :winkold:

I've been fortunate enough to watch Wolves on a couple of occasions this season and in all honesty, they don't look too much of a threat from midfield (except Miljas who's their best midfielder) and their defence is pretty poor... but my only concern is Doyle and Ebanks-Blake who could poise a bit of a threat - especially Doyle who has impressed so far this season and he looks like he'll capaltilise on any mistake. On paper we should be winning this one, but with the added pressure of it being a Midland-derby it's not going to be an easy game although I think we'll edge it with a 1-0 win with lots of missed chances by us; but it's vital we win this because we've got a tough run of games coming up and we shouldn't be losing these types of games... albeit this one is a derby.

well they got a draw at everton, so they can't be all that shit. Of course we should be going there in high spirits, looking for the win, but I think talk of a casual 4-0 smashing 's a bit cocky and underrates Wolves. Admittedly they are also a Mick McArthy premiership side, but they already have 8 ( :eek: ) points so he's obviously learnt a bit.

freak errors aside ( Looking at you Brad harrumph ) we should be more than solid enough that conceding any more than one goal is extremely unlikely, so I think we should win, but it'll be tougher than I think some are expecting.

Talking to a Dingle at work this afternoon, they are flapping big time about playing us.

And it seems they are cack at home, and go to pieces if the crowd get on their backs.

Saying that, I'd still take a 1-0 scrappy win

This will be a tough game, Wolves will in my opinion try to play for a point.

Not so sure about this, the Old Man is a season ticket holder and the only way they can play (especially at home when the crowd do turn on them quickly) is to attack, they are awful defensively.

If we go about the game in the right way with the attitude that we still need to put in a performance like City and Chelsea as opposed to a Blackburn then we should win comfortably.......roll on Saturday can't wait!

Its surprising how these promoted teams, that we are supposed to beat comfortably, manage to bite us on the ass...and this is a derby!

I’m expecting a hard game.

No matter how, as long as we get 3 points ill be ecstatic.

Simply we have to beat them, otherwise, whats the point of beating teams like Chelsea?

Exactly. This will be a battle of a game im expecting. Local derby and they'll be up for it - they very nearly walked away from Goodison Park last week with 3 points so they will probably be buyont from that.

This is a game we must win - in the past we have had tendencies to let ourselves down after getting good results against a big team - so if we're going to try and challenge for a place in the top 5 then we need to get a result here.

Id never predict a comfortable win in a derby - too many things can work against you in these games and they're usually edgy. We need to throw JC and Gabby at their backline and hope that our defence is as solid as it has been recently.

Atmosphere should be cracking - our boys do us proud away from home - always in full voice!

the only way they can play (especially at home when the crowd do turn on them quickly) is to attack, they are awful defensively.

hence why i expect the desmond.

They will go for it, and have some decent attacking options (ebanks-blake, Kightly, Doyle) but have nothing at the back.