PL: Wolves a Match Thread 2009/10/24 12:45

limpid

Soft spot for Wolves, was on the clubs books as a 14yr old, never forget Tommy Crump chief scout at the club at the time coming over to speak to my parents, came into the house, all having a cup of tea, me in the background, snotty kid, at the end of the meeting he looked at me and said (northern bloke) right lad, do you parents proud, get your hair cut, get your boots blacked, ( he meant don't piss about) work hard at school because there's no guarantees in football, even now the chances of making it into the full squad later are remote, bad knock, that's it, its all over, and don't give any lip to the senior players at the club.

That said, what worries me so far is the way we have slipped up against teams we should have beaten and yet taken points of the major players............should be a good game, hope we can stretch our legs, we really need a big win, and for Gabby to get a couple of goals to get up there with the Premiership leading scorers

The last time we played them it was quite embarrassing to be honest. 3-0 after 15 minutes, hitting the bar twice and having countless corners.

It would be nice if it was as easy again this time round, but it will not doubt be a lot tougher. If they go 4-4-2 against us, then it’s only going to work in our favour. This is especially so if Petrov plays anything like he did against Chelsea. With three league away games on the spin, this is an absolute must win.

Lawro:

Wolves v Aston Villa (1245 BST)

Villa are not playing that well but they are still picking up great results which must make boss Martin O'Neill absolutely delighted. The team are really sticking at it and they've got great team spirit with new players coming in and giving everything.

Wolves picked up a well-earned point at Everton last week and their injured players are now returning to fitness. This could just be their best result of the season so far.

Verdict: 2-1

:D

Always feel confident going into matches against Black country teams really as we never lose to them.

I think Wolves will play 4-4-2 and have a go at us which should help us. They'll pick two from Mancienne, Craddock and Berra as their CBs, hopefully Craddock who has no pace and Berra who Carew ripped to shreds playing against Scotland a few months ago.

0-2 us with Carew scoring.

Interesting game this one and on form and paper 3 points should be a must.I'm going to watch this game with interest because we struggle against teams below us that we should beat.Blackburn and Wigan this year already.The boys should be on a high with confidence and we cannot slack off and not concentrate.

Would like to see a bit of rotation for games like this, we need to keep the competition for places by giving players a chance to compete for places.

- - - - - Friedel - - - - - - -

Young - Dunne - Collins - Shorey

Milner - ReoCoker - Delph - Young

- - - - Gabby - Heskey - - - -

As for this matchday forum, it's rubbish use it for archiving old threads and let us use the main forum.