PL: sha a 2009/09/13 Reactions and Ratings

limpid

Great result we had all the best chances Milner must have had about 4 quality chances and we had about 3 break aways after we scored. The defence looks more solid as it's been for ages. Blues kicked Ashley Young all over the pitch, he does take a lot of flak for the team. Collins looked brilliant we've won 4 on the trot now. terrific fantastic

We failed to create chances and we failed to create a passing game, it was a dire affair between two teams who didn't dare.

Fair enough, we were away from home but I would have wished for us to switch to a 4-2-2 earlier as they were poor today.

B'ham lay low and try to get that fluke goal from somewhere, but it didn't happen for them.

James Milner was extremely poor and had it not been for some involvement in the latter part of the game he would have been

given a 4. You saw Aaron Lennon having a crap game last night as well, so I guess the impact of being in the England squad

are making them a little bit tired mentally as well as physically.

Big John on to create a goal immediately, he should play more and especially against a tough defensive unit who are good in the air.

Him not starting today was a big mystery for me. And Steve Sidwell, I struggle to see why he plays for us. He is very anonymous.

Hate watching games on the box but in Corfu on your lonesome and Villa beating the inbreds has made the fact I am flying back to Brum tomorrow pretty sweet!! Come on you Villa boys a win in a derby is all that matters!!

Have that you dirty twelve toed fucktards :-)

It's at times like this I find living in the B37 postcode area highly satisfying

Couldn't agree with you more Rob. Theres 2 sty dwellers in Wyrley who I am off to find if they haven't left the pub already with their tails in between their legs !!!

Presenter on WM - "You'd rather lose these games and stay up though."

Some knuckledragger - "No, beating Villa is what it's all about. I'd rather go down and win."

small heath, small time.... I love beating them just because you know their season is now over after 5 games :D

We failed to create chances and we failed to create a passing game, it was a dire affair between two teams who didn't dare.

Fair enough, we were away from home but I would have wished for us to switch to a 4-2-2 earlier as they were poor today.

B'ham lay low and try to get that fluke goal from somewhere, but it didn't happen for them.

James Milner was extremely poor and had it not been for some involvement in the latter part of the game he would have been

given a 4. You saw Aaron Lennon having a crap game last night as well, so I guess the impact of being in the England squad

Big John on to create a goal immediately, he should play more and especially against a tough defensive unit who are good in the air.

Him not starting today was a big mystery for me. And Steve Sidwell, I struggle to see why he plays for us. He is very anonymous.

I can understand what your saying, but playing at Sty, they should be trying to break us down which they didn't. I think you may see Carew start against Pompey, i think MON just has to get the balance right or he'll push Young and Milner further. I don't care how it was done, but we beat them. We should have made it more comfortable at the end. Dunne and Collins were brilliant and there going to get better.

Very negative but not surprising, the 4-5-1 did work, we contained them and then put the pressure on them by changing the system to 4-4-2 in the latter stages when we needed to IMO. Great hardworking display by us, fair play to MON and the boys.

Dire game. Great result.

Friedel 7 - Had little to do, what he did do he did well.

Dunne 8 - Kept it simple at times rather than risk getting caught, good debut though a bit of hoofing, I think better play will come with time.

Collins 9 - I don't think he missed a header. Looked incredibly composed and looked to play the ball often, though an few expected hoofs too.

Cuellar 8 - He's a defender. He should be a CB. I'm never going to expect much going forward from him out wide, but at the bac he delivered well and crucially will come in and cover constantly if needed.

Warnock 7 - Bit hard to shine when he was looking to link up with his new team mates but that'll come. Overwise, not overly flustered and another good debut.

Petrov 7 - Bypassed a bit, but some nice passes and interceptions as ever.

NRC 7 - Usual energy, nothing more really.

Sidwell 7 - See above. He has a knack of finding a goal scoring chance once or twice a game, but otherwise just lept the ball moving.

Milner 5 - An unusual off day for him. Misplaced passes, poor finishes, he was trying hard as ever but nothing seemed to go right. I guess he's allowed a bad game every now and then.

Young 6 - Well marshalled by the unwashed. He struggled like the entirety of the attacking force the team has, needs to really get thinking on how to overcome being taken out of the game. A few nice clever passes late on.

Gabby 7 - He was never going to have a great time on this showing but put himself about and was full of running as ever. Nice header for the goal, and really should have had 2.

Carew 7 - Came on and changed things just with his presence, gave them more to worry about and provided a couple of knockdowns one of which gave us the goal. Overhit the pass for Milner at the death which was almost worse than if he'd had a crack and missed himself imo.

The game was woeful to watch and frustrating with it. Typical clash of 451s, especially with Small Heath sitting deep worried about the counter, we were always going to find it tough going. Equally, Blues were pretty impotent going forward and whatever threat they did have from freekicks was stifled by a keen defensive display, and we certainly gave them enough freekicks and corners to test the new backline. As it is, we got the win, could have a couple more, and the victory is sweet, I'm off to send a nice rub in text to a lady I know ;).

I really don't think you understand the Derby, a win is a win, we were clearly the better side, we created more, we defended like lions when required and we scored, you want more than that? Anyone that moans about lack of entertainment or teams not daring (whatever that is) clearly doesnt understand what todays game was about

5 games in a row, never been done before apparently so lets not be moaning for moanings sake. Players did well on the whole, new defence was superb, we won. JOB DONE. Milner was simply trying too hard

Now get to the hospital for jabs peeps!