PL: sha a 2009/09/13 Reactions and Ratings

limpid

Presenter on WM - "You'd rather lose these games and stay up though."

Some knuckledragger - "No, beating Villa is what it's all about. I'd rather go down and win."

small heath, small time.... I love beating them just because you know their season is now over after 5 games :D

I heard that while on my way back, its an absolute disgrace to think like that. When walking out i got called a horrible villa supporter haha.

Presenter on WM - "You'd rather lose these games and stay up though."

Some knuckledragger - "No, beating Villa is what it's all about. I'd rather go down and win."

small heath, small time.... I love beating them just because you know their season is now over after 5 games :D

I heard that while on my way back, its an absolute disgrace to think like that. When walking out i got called a horrible villa supporter haha.

:lol:

There isn't any better feeling in th world - is there !!

ratings

Freidal - anonymous - 6

Cueller - good defensively, distribution suspect - 6

Dunne - immense , exactly what we've missed - MOTM - 9

Collins - first time I've seen him, very impressed - 8

Warnock tbh, thought he was woeful - 3

NRC - didn't impose as usual, seemed bullied - 5

Petrov - calmed us down when needed 6

Sidwell - worked hard, but was bullied - 6

Milner - not his best, wasted good chances and posession, but worked - 6

Young - really starting to rile me - anonymous and bullied - 4

Gabby - if it wasn't for his miss he'd be MOTM - worked tirelessly up front - 8

Carew - give us what we needed, when we needed it - 7

MON - fair play, I give him stick, but today got it spot on. 4-5-1 (although thats what I want) was leaving no room whatsoever, as they set up the same. Changed it early, tried to win it - we did - 8

A very good day at the office.

Oh and their fans were **** shocking!

What fans?

All i could hear was our fans singing Gabbys song half the time :lol:

Can't believe they didnt sell out their 'cup final' despite having cheaper tickets and being at home.

Says it all really.

Also, kinda feel bad for Craig Gardner. Woulda loved to see him get stuck in.

Dare I say it, but we got down and wrestled with the pigs today, and came away relatively clean :)

It was a tough son of a bitch of a game. The blues were dogged and played pretty well, and it was probably only the presence of an all-new, all-improved defence that proved the difference in the end. The inclusion of Cuellar at RB puzzled me, but he did the job, giving us an extra solid foundation that probably assisted the three noobs to adjust.

It was a close first half but I suspect that it was the fact that Milner was having an absolute nightmare that kept them in the match. Had several chances to put it to be but he was dire. Into everything, but botched the lot. I am a huge Milner fan, I hope he can bounce back next time.

3 new defenders. I think they know each other well enough by now. In fact they seemed to have known each other already for a few years. I don't want to see Carlos at RB again, but what a fine, gritty defender he is, Dunne and Warnock started well and got better, Collins blimey, West Ham you wuz robbed.

What fans?

Can't believe they didnt sell out their 'cup final' despite having cheaper tickets and being at home.

Says it all really.

That's because our fans were superb!

Did anyone see the ball boy celebrating in front of their fans? He got moved after haha.

Get in. Well done boys, as a poster above states, get the job done and it's what we did. Another three points in the bag too.

Special mention to Dunne and Collins who I thought were awesome. If they carry that on we have two players on our hands there.

What fans?

Says it all really.

hahaha after i finished jumping about i noticed there was some cafuffle near the corner and there was a steward and ball boy being dragged away. The ball boy (in full blues tracksuit) was walked past the villa fans started getting abused then mouthed "I'M A VILLA FAN" :lol:

Did anyone see the ball boy celebrating in front of their fans? He got moved after haha.

It does feel amazing!

However I would rather win a trophy than beat the blues, whereas they would rather beat us than win a trophy. Quite sad really. Then again, I doubt they would ever win a trophy, other than the Championship or the Auto Windscreen (whatever it's called).

What fans?

Says it all really.

hahaha after i finished jumping about i noticed there was some cafuffle near the corner and there was a steward and ball boy being dragged away. The ball boy (in full blues tracksuit) was walked past the villa fans started getting abused then mouthed "I'M A VILLA FAN" :lol:

Yeah that was the one, he was going mental celebrating and some blues fan tried to get at him but got stopped. Probably got sacked now haha.

ratings

Freidal - anonymous - 6

Cueller - good defensively, distribution suspect - 6

Dunne - immense , exactly what we've missed - MOTM - 9

Collins - first time I've seen him, very impressed - 8

Warnock tbh, thought he was woeful - 3

NRC - didn't impose as usual, seemed bullied - 5

Petrov - calmed us down when needed 6

Sidwell - worked hard, but was bullied - 6

Milner - not his best, wasted good chances and posession, but worked - 6

Young - really starting to rile me - anonymous and bullied - 4

Gabby - if it wasn't for his miss he'd be MOTM - worked tirelessly up front - 8

Carew - give us what we needed, when we needed it - 7

MON - fair play, I give him stick, but today got it spot on. 4-5-1 (although thats what I want) was leaving no room whatsoever, as they set up the same. Changed it early, tried to win it - we did - 8

A very good day at the office.

Thought Warnock did really well, solid and confident. Strange to give him only 3?!

Did we sell out our allocation? Some nob on Facebook reckons Villa didn't which I can't believe...

Yes we did and the commentators on Sky acknowledged this. There looked like some empty seats in the corner, but these are tickets that wasn't on sale due to the restricted view. Every available ticket was sold.