319 members have voted

1. 1. Villa goalkeeper 00's XI

• David James
    • Peter Enckelman
    • Peter Schmeichel
    • Thomas Sorensen
    • Scott Carson
    • Brad Friedel

Only 3 months until the end of the year.

Time to pick a best of the 00's Villa XI...

I've come up with a list of whom I believe to be the main candidates.

(The person you pick should ideally be somebody who excelled post 2000, rather than excelled previously and crossed over into post 2000)

So who was our best goalkeeper from 2000 to now??

Poll will run for a week.

(Other positions to come)

I would say James looking at that list, I remeber him being a top keeper but prone to make the odd howler but I think his ability to pull of amazing saves more than made up for that. Before I do vote for him, like the OP said try to remember players for what they did after 1999.

My trouble is I can't remember when we bought him and when we sold him.

Its mental that its been more than ten years since Bosnich left.

We havent had an outstanding keeper, but then we havent had one that has held onto the keepers spot for a long time. James was good and we sold him too hastily (and didnt replace him) but I have voted for Friedel.

Schmeichel never did the business in a Villa shirt, he was signed on reputation alone and he didnt live up to it. Though he does get bonus points for scoring against Everton.

Cant believe Tommy got so many votes after chucking one into his own net at The Sty.

What was it with our keepers against them during their first stint in the Premier League?

Cant believe Tommy got so many votes

this ....

but to be fair Tommy was more an indictment of the state of our club at that time as much as anything

and he was behind "that" letter so I've partly forgiven him for being so crap ...

This might be getting ahead of things (it's not really going to be relevant until we hit the midfield... I doubt the team of the decade will be playing a 5-man backline), but what formation is the team of the decade going to play?

Or will that be dependent on who the manager of the decade is?

This might be getting ahead of things (it's not really going to be relevant until we hit the midfield... I doubt the team of the decade will be playing a 5-man backline), but what formation is the team of the decade going to play?

Or will that be dependent on who the manager of the decade is?

Good question. I just assumed a 4-4-2 at first.

Anyways, James for me.

Â