EL: Rapid Vienna a 2009/08/20 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guzan did well when called on, Heskey and Shorey were abysmal, everyone else did so-so and I expect more out of them. My opinion is that we'd be better off playing with no-one as opposed to them two. I am gutted. 10 months ago we were being mentioned in the same breath as Arsenal in all the media. Now, we couldn't score in a brothel. We need to get Heskey and this long ball shite away from Ashley, Gabby and Jimmy. Them lads were playing such fluid football before he rocked up, and now the ball just gets lumped up in the air, normally to Heskey, but sometimes even to Gabby. It's soul destroying watching players who are capable of so much play in such a shit fashion.

we are awful...just simply awful.......

we look disorganised, bereft of any creativity or ideas, we look annoyed, we look petulant, we look frightened and we have nobody who can take a game by the scruff of the neck......

we cant score, we cant create and we cant defend....

can we start the season again? coz we will be destroyed by liverpool and it looks like we will have Lowry at CB against them....

What's our club motto Martin? You could do with reminding yourself of it

I never thought i'd say this but i am unhappy with this manager. The tactics are awful, the bizarre dealings in the transfer market, he has lost that spark that made him the manager he was - he was a great motivator but when you lose that what is there left? We are like 1996 leicester it's dire. I'm so upset its **** shite football £400 ive paid, £400 that i cant afford to watch that crap..jesus christ

Am trying to look at positives ..... AH well ... here's to trying!!!

Cold harsh facts are we could easily have conceded 3 or 4 tonight but for poor finishing on their part.. Up front we created absolutely nothing!!! It was all we could do to get a cross in let alone a shot!! midfield creativity is SHOCKING!!! there is none.

There keeper had 0 saves to make & that is simply as bad as it gets

Davies subbed shortly after clutching his shoulder ..........good job we sold Knight eh Martin ?

I think that's the thing that irritates me most. Why the in the name of satan wasn't his shoulder fixed in the summer??? What sort of cornershop are we running, is Herbert back???

All we need now are a few terrible panic buys...

MON needs to wake up quickly. And get his **** blinkers off with HESKEY. The guy is a nice guy, but he is a shit striker. We lose 90% of games we play with him because he does NOT score goals. He is a donkey who is past his sell by date. If MON does not smell the coffee soon, he will go because we will lose lots of games with him playing.

I am not saying it is all Heskey's fault, of course i am not. But the squad is ridiculously thin and in 3 months MON has done nothing to sort that and indeed hasn't replaced our BEST 2 players either. We are quite frankly in the proverbial SHITE.

Shorey is appalling. Davies' confidence is shot and our midfield is not strong enough. Sidwell is poor. Gabby isn't fit. And if MON thinks we are ok in the striking dept then he is living in cloud cuckoo land!! Playing like this is **** awful....tactics are poor and our goals for ratio speaks for itself!!! WAKE UP MON you need 5 players in before 31 August or we are Toast!!!

Watching us play atm makes me want to jump in front of a train! Looks like we're going to have a difficult season..

Maybe I'm missing something about Shorey, and sure he's part of a shaky defence - but the guy is one of the few people in our team who actually knows how to pass a ball. He's taking some risks in his short passing sometime, but some players need to show some flair and dare to play the ball into small spaces if we're going to create something.

Guest Ricardomeister

On a positve note for Monday, I have Torres in my fantasy team! I will make him captain so it will be double points when he scores the inevitable hat-trick!

This is **** depressing. 2 wins in 6 months in all competetive competitions. Big changes need to be made. Why didn't MON bring on Albrighton or Petrov or Delph?! I'm slowly going from losing faith in MON to lost faith. Not quite there yet, but the way things are going I wouldn't be suprised.