Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

If they went into administration, it is effectively Mike Ashley telling Mike Ashley that the club can't pay him the money they owe him from his interest free loan. Apparently the players would come first as creditors therefore he would not achieve anything by putting them in admin.

The dilemma he has is that if he sells the players then potentially the club will make vast losses and also be even less attractive to a potential buyer, hence he has to drop his £100million asking price. However, as it stands they are unsustainable and are digging themselves in further and I can't see him pumping another penny into the club to pay for the day to day running.

At the moment he is after £100million to buy the club, the buyer would also be taking on £100million worth of debt which is the interest free loan owed to Mike Ashley and a £40million overdraft with one of the banks. If they were still in the Prem, this would be seemingly a poor investment but with light at the end of the tunnel and a decent income, in the Championship, this is catastrophic and surely unless they are Newcastle fans, they would be mad to touch it with a bargepole.

That is how I understand the situation from various information I have read, I do feel a bit sorry for Ashley. Although he'll still have plenty of cash at the end of all this, a fair proportion of his wealth is going out of the window and for what? A club which has gone down the kermit and thousands of people who now hate you?

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could manage until he is 60 years old and never have a bigger team talk than that, but Newcastle came out in the second half like they were involved in a pre season friendly.

tbf they didn't get beaten 6-1... or are you saying that Villa towards the end of last season were worse than Leyton Orient?

I have never seen a team so resigned to relegation than they were that day, yet if they had scored even one goal they will have stayed up. Every result went for them and they still couldnt give a ****.

I suspect it may have something to do with most of Newcastle's players being mercenaries who know that there's no adverse consequences for them if they're relegated.

At the moment he is after £100million to buy the club, the buyer would also be taking on £100million worth of debt which is the interest free loan owed to Mike Ashley and a £40million overdraft with one of the banks. If they were still in the Prem, this would be seemingly a poor investment but with light at the end of the tunnel and a decent income, in the Championship, this is catastrophic and surely unless they are Newcastle fans, they would be mad to touch it with a bargepole.

so he's basically asking for £240mill for a Championship club with a higher wage bill than income. :shock:

crazy fool deserves everything he gets.

i just hope he stays on & manages to get Newcastle relegated to League 1.

how unlikely Ashley is to a) get the money he wants B) come out of this with anything close to the money he put in.

Can't say I have any sympathy for him TBH. Everyone knew that Fat freddie shepard was spending money Newcastle didn't have and they were in huge debt. Ashley didn't do a proper due dilligence, when he did get in he mismanged the club, now he's in a worse spot than when he started, the club are in a shit and I thank him for that :).

No sympathy for Ashley, he started off badly by not doing due diligence and has compounded that mistake time and time again since then with countless poor decisions which have all contributed to the position he is in now. While others at the club both past and present have contributed to their demise he is ultimately responsible and as such deserves what he gets and from me at least that is no sympathy.

I tell you who I do feel sorry for its the real Newcastle fans, not the muppets on Sky Sports or the ones who appeared in 1994 but the real fans, the silent majority who at the end of the day are no different to any of us. They are just football fans who love their club if not their team and to see the club you love disintergrate in front of your eyes like they are doing must be heart breaking.

I tell you who I do feel sorry for its the real Newcastle fans, not the muppets on Sky Sports or the ones who appeared in 1994 but the real fans, the silent majority who at the end of the day are no different to any of us. They are just football fans who love their club if not their team and to see the club you love disintergrate in front of your eyes like they are doing must be heart breaking.

ah well, it still makes me laugh, and i can't feel sorry for them.

even the undeluded few.

We've been through bad times at Villa, now its their turn :)

in the long-term i'm sure it'll make them strong.... one of the strongest club in League 1 in fact! :lol:

Ashley is a Spurs fan and i reckon it was just a plan to remove one of Spur's potential rivals ..only about another 12 clubs to go and Spurs may be in with a shout of Champs league footie some time soon

OFFER WITHDRAWN

Profitable Group have withdrawn their interest in buying Newcastle United.

The Singapore-based group had been one of the leading candidates to take over at St James' Park.

But Sky Sports News understands that the group were unable to provide proof of funding of £100million needed to purchase the club.

The group, whose commercial director is former England international Steve McMahon, had stated their intention to bid for the club and to appoint Alan Shearer as manager.

But now the bid has fallen by the wayside, meaning a takeover before the start of the new season looks increasingly unlikely for the beleaguered North East giants.

anyone else want the club?

If they don't sell the club before the new season starts they will not find an owner this season. The continued limbo can not be good for the squad motivation trying to play a campaign in the very physical championship.

Â