Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from the Official Newcastle site

Season Ticket Sales Approach 25,000

FOLLOWING weekend reports in the Press, Newcastle United would like to set the record straight with regards season ticket sales.

The Club can confirm that sales are now closing in on the 25,000 mark with uptake in the expanded family area particularly strong.

Interest is continuing to grow on a daily basis and with the new season still three weeks away we expect the number of season ticket holders to further increase.

Actually not a bad figure all things considered but I still find it funny they feel the need to make a statement about this on their site.

They will always get a lot of bums on seats. Their catchment area is well documented and is the reason why they get so much exposure in the media.

Its just that somehow Newcastle fans thought that being a one club city (well, one club for two cities* and any number of surrounding towns really) meant that they had a divine right to be at the top end of the Premier League. Their results on the pitch hadnt reflected their profile in the media in a decade.

*Yes, I know Gateshead is a town, but its population is almost 200k, so I chose to word my sentence so it was easier on the eye.

Newcastle would get large crowds even if they dressed up 11 donkeys in the barcodes strip and sent them out to play.

Next season that may actually be what happens! :lol:

*Yes, I know Gateshead is a town, but its population is almost 200k, so I chose to word my sentence so it was easier on the eye.

Solihull has a population around that figure. My point is we have a much larger catchment area (population). Thats why RL brought us, we have untapped potential. Newcastle have a bigger draw in their area.

NUFC: Tim Krul, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Alan Smith ©, Oba Martins

Subs: Danny Guthrie, Xisco, Geremi, Andy Carroll, Kazenga LuaLua, Tamas Kadar, Fraser Forster, Ben Tozer, Ryan Donaldson, Darren Lough, Wesley Ngo Baheng

Hardly a youth side they are fielding :lol:

Â