Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

As embarassing as it sounds, it's a GameFAQs board (always been a bit of a gamer). They founded a football board on an old dead Atari game messageboard that has a decent community of fans of all clubs, some foreign but mostly fans of English clubs in all leagues. But the Newky fan that posts most is usually pretty sound and he seemingly resigned to the fate of adminstration.

I'd have to admit, as much as I know there are decent Newky fans, and that seeing clubs go into admin is terrible, I want it to happen.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Administration looms I think. :)

Newcastle fan on another forum I use reckons theres talk of adminstration coming very shortly.

Bankers Seymour Pierce have been commissioned to sell Newcastle but they failed to do so last year when Ashley first put the club on the market. Keith Harris had originally stated ‘the end of June’ as a deadline but the end of July approaches, which is why yesterday the rumour of a Leeds-like plunge into administration returned with zest.

As Ashley would be the major creditor, administration would seem an odd move financially. But Ashley could probably take his losses at Newcastle, which would be close to £250m, and set them against profit at his other companies, such as Sports Direct. Ashley’s tax liability would then be reduced and his loss not so great.

Friday has emerged as being possibly significant simply because it is the end of the month. Ashley has a basic economic calculation: does he make more money from selling the club or from administration?

*chuckle*

And Ashley said he loved Newcastle United? What an arse...absolute joke of a businessman...

I am stunned how he could get a fortune...how has that been possible? What he is showing at Newcastle is unbelievable.

Is it my imagination, or did I just read somewhere that championship side Newcastle United was thrashed by the European giants Leyton Orient 6-1 in a friendly??? wow.

Soooooo happy I am not a barcodes fan. My word, what a mess up there...

Where's Where's my Nobby Gone gone? Is perhaps the oddest sentence I've ever written. But also grammatically correct I believe... I think he's the only one of their fans I feel sorry for.

Y'know, I know some will say, "Well, it's only a meaningless friendly" but when a side like Newcastle get done like that, by a team like Orient, there is something wrong there... 2-1? ok, even 3-1, but 6-1? they have big trouble coming.

What would you do if your were Mike Ashley

Give Next manager 20 millions pounds and a five years contract and budget to work with for wages and tell him to reduce it by 20% but it is up to him to generate transfer funds and wheel deal. But it need to be a quick clear out and slowly go back to basic and start again.

But is Mary Poppins the right man for the job ?

Newcastle are in a mess never before seen in recent times. They have debt, no manager, players on mega money for many years who don't give 2 shits about the club. Ashley needs to hire a no nonsense manger and ORDER a clear out.

You really couldn't make this shit up, could we be about to see the return of Keegan???????

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias believes the troubled Championship club could be in the hands of new owners next week.

The Magpies are limping towards the new season following their relegation from the Premier League with Mike Ashley desperate to sell and Chris Hughton in caretaker charge as an interim measure.

Singapore-based Profitable Group withdrew their interest in the St James' Park outfit earlier in the week, blaming a lack of communication from Newcastle.

Llambias, who has suggested the Steve McMahon-fronted consortium lacked the necessary finances to complete the deal, insists there are other parties interested who could agree a takeover within days.

"We are dealing with several people and giving most of our time and attention to the sale," he told The Sun.

Catch 22

"You must remember that some parties make offers but when it comes to putting up proof of funds they are a long way from sealing a deal.

"But I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

Llambias confirmed that Hughton will remain in charge of team affairs until new owners are appointed, insisting it would be foolhardy to make a permanent appointment in the current climate.

He added: "It's Catch 22 - anyone who signs a deal will want their own choice of manager.

"Look what happened when Mike took over, Sam Allardyce was already in place and he didn't want him."

Keegan

One group reported to be interested in the Magpies is headed by Dubai tycoon Sirous Mahjoob, who has claimed he wants to bring Kevin Keegan back to St James' Park for a third spell as manager.

Keegan walked away from Tyneside after becoming disillusioned at how transfer dealings were taken out of his hands by Ashley's appointment of Dennis Wise to take charge of player recruitment.

Mahjoob's spokesman said: "The money is there. Mr Mahjoob has a healthy interest in football and is bidding to take over an ailing club with a great worldwide reputation.

"He envisages a clean sweep with Kevin Keegan coming back as manager, this time with his own staff and control of players. Last time Keegan inherited a lot of people he didn't necessarily want and we don't want the same situation again.

"He has nothing against Shearer. He just thinks Keegan retains greater global appeal."

Here

How long before we have a FCUN situation?

(with their away supporters being members of FCUNTS...)

please explain.. i have no idea what that means. :?

FC United of Newcastle

&

FC United of Newcastle Travelling Supporters

(I was hoping that that post would make the post of the year thread... but I guess that my comedy writing is about as useful as MON in the transfer market ;) )

Â