Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a challenge for you.

What was the attendance at SJP this evening?

2785 fans attended SJP to watch Exeter lose at home to Derby.

Meanwhile up at the SJP in Newcastle another quiet day was reported at the club shop with one one customer in attendance which turned out to be Mike Ashley hoping to beat the rush for the new away shirt.

The interesting thing with watching them is that every time you think they have reached the bottom and that things will level out they just keep on getting worse.

I'm far from convinced that a knight in shinning armour is waiting in the wings to rescue them and I think administration is a very real possibility as is a prolonged spell out the top flight. I think they are kidding themselves if they think they are going to get out that league with the current bunch of players and less than 2 weeks until the first game.

newcastle fans have to shoulder some of the responsibility for there downfall, and the previous board to, they sacked bobby robson, because to them finishing 5th was a failure, then come souness, who was brought in to bring order to the club, and the fans never game him a chance. then there was Allardyce, who again, the fans never wanted and didnt give him a chance so they got him out the club in just 6 months with them in mid table, to be replaced by king kev, who walked out and left them in this state, but not a word can be said against king kev. its always someone elses fault.

NUFC can osculate on my **** fundament.

Agreed. The fans need to take some of the blae for this, and the people who let the fans get their own way too. I'm sure they'd now be happy with Souness' "poor signings" and Big Sams "boring football" over Championship football.

the whole hypocrisy about there fans though, they still cant see why other clubs supporters cant stand them and want to see them in this position.

they drove allardyce out the job cus he didnt fit in with there beautiful football mantra that keegan give them in the mid 90s, had big sam been given time he would have got results, he turned blackburn around in 4 months, but because he did what newcastle needed, i.e. bring in defensive players over attacking flair they got him the sack. Newcastle have had a shocking defence for the last 4 years, Bramble, Moore, Onyewu just werent up to the job, so instead of demanding defensive players and building from the back, the fans demanded they sign Strikers, with the "so what if we concede 3, we will score 4" belief.

Just been reading on a Sunderland forum about Newcastle and the state of the finances in terms of what Ashley wants for the club, the debt the new owner would have to take on etc etc. Hadn't realised just how much trouble they are in and how unlikely Ashley is to a) get the money he wants B) come out of this with anything close to the money he put in.

Ridiculous how all the Geordies want Shearer back. He took you don't last year and won one in about 8 games.

I still want to know what Shearer said to his team at half time when they played us.

He could manage until he is 60 years old and never have a bigger team talk than that, but Newcastle came out in the second half like they were involved in a pre season friendly. I have never seen a team so resigned to relegation than they were that day, yet if they had scored even one goal they will have stayed up. Every result went for them and they still couldnt give a ****. If a manager cannot motivate a team to come out and play in that situation, can he ever be any good?

Administration is being rumoured again, must say I thought they'd have shifted a few of their foreign big earners like Gutierez, Colocinni, Martins and Beye by now, just those four players wages are surely unsustainable at championship level.

If they get deducted ten points, then that's league one staring them in the face.

Â