Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly do not understand this appointment, one of the things Houghton had was the players working for him. One of the rumours why Pardew left Southampton was the lack of dressing room spirit (and some... very interesting rumours about his personal life..!) I just do not get this.

With you on that..

Hughton got the club out of an embarassing decline and a crisis (2 of their players had a punch up on the pitch!) He's not only got them up, he's got them playing quite well, sitting in midtable. They beat arch rivals Sunderland 5-1 and beat Villa, the club who finally sent them down, 6-0. What more could the club actually expect?..

If they had fired him for a really experienced manager, then it might have seemed a shrewd move. Harsh on Hughton but giving the new manager a month with the team and a busy period of games to decide what he needs in January (as was said by someone earlier in this thread)... but to replace him with Curbishly?.. It's a sidewards move, at best.

I'd like to see how Curbishly is going to handle Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. That was probably Hughton's greatest achievement, and one which I can't see Curbishly managing to do at all.

Time will tell for Newcastle, but this seems like a really dodgy decision to me.

Or even Pardew :D

Hahaha. Quite a mistake there, and I even managed to do it several times.

I was sleepy. Plus, I think I'm still slightly in disbelief that they've even hired Pardew.. My brain is probably going "Nah, can't be Pardew, he must mean Curbishley" as I write. That's how bizarre this appointment is! So bad my brain struggles to comprehend it.

Ahahahaha, they want to fail!

Good news for Villa. They took Pardew over Jol.

You could get Jol if Houllier makes a mess of it. :crylaugh:

I dont think Jol would ever have taken the job.

Hughton was sacked because Newcastle had somebody lined up to replace him. Okay, that somebody was Alan Pardew, but imagine if it was Martin Jol? Jol would have kinda been in on the sacking of Hughton. That is the same Chris Hughton who was Martin Jol's assistant manager at Spurs for three years.

I think Jol is an honourable man and you dont shit on your mates like that, do you?

Ahahahaha, they want to fail!

Good news for Villa. They took Pardew over Jol.

You could get Jol if Houllier makes a mess of it. :crylaugh:

I dont think Jol would ever have taken the job.

Hughton was sacked because Newcastle had somebody lined up to replace him. Okay, that somebody was Alan Pardew, but imagine if it was Martin Jol? Jol would have kinda been in on the sacking of Hughton. That is the same Chris Hughton who was Martin Jol's assistant manager at Spurs for three years.

I think Jol is an honourable man and you dont shit on your mates like that, do you?

Not to mention Jol was ousted from Spurs when their board went to Ramos behind Jol's back, and he wasn't too happy about that..

Â