Games I've recently completed

dont_do_it_doug.

I can add GTA IV: TLAD to my list of games completed.

I still need to complete Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy before I move house in a month (the Wii isn't mine). And I want to completed The Ballad of Gay Tony before i invest in COD MW2.

As usual I'm at least a year behind everyone in most of my games.

Not had the net all week so got the PS3 out. Got MGS4 on the cheap and had a play through. Very impressive, but fighting Vamp would have taken me days if I didn't look on google, never in a million years would I have known to do that to end the fight.

• 1 year later...

I've been picking my way through one of those Sega Classics Collections of late. It's an almost cathartic experience for me, as I didn't own a console until the PSX and always had to watch on wistfully at my friends' houses as they played their Master Systems and Mega Drives.

Finished Shinobi III last week, I can't get over just how good a game it was. At times infuriating, in that wonderful way that games used to be (really can't imagine I'd have been able to complete it in it's original format without that save function :D) but there was just so much to it. I should have probably found some instructions online or something, as I didn't even realise you could execute a mid-air flying kick until about level 3. :oops:

A week prior I'd completed the first Sonic (again, the first time in my life I'd actually had a decent session on it), I'm just mulling over what to play next. Probably gonna give Comix Zone a go, though I'm open to suggestions. The options are:

• •Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    •Altered Beast
    •Beyond Oasis
    •Bonanza Bros.
    •Columns
    •Comix Zone
    •Decap Attack
    •Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    •Dynamite Headdy
    •Ecco: The Tides of Time
    •ESWAT: City Under Siege
    •Fatal Labyrinth
    •Flicky
    •Gain Ground
    •Golden Axe
    •Golden Axe II
    •Golden Axe III
    •Kid Chameleon
    •Phantasy Star II
    •Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    •Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    •Ristar
    •Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention
    •Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal
    •Shining in the Darkness
    •Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    •Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    •Sonic & Knuckles
    •Sonic 3D Blast
    •Sonic Spinball
    •Streets of Rage 3
    •Super Thunder Blade
    •Vectorman
    •Vectorman 2

I can add GTA IV: TLAD to my list of games completed.

I still need to complete Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy before I move house in a month (the Wii isn't mine). And I want to completed The Ballad of Gay Tony before i invest in COD MW2.

As usual I'm at least a year behind everyone in most of my games.

Well this didn't go well. I completed Twilight Princess, but didn't touch Mario Galaxy and failed to finish TBOGT before my Xbox exploded

I did get MW2 and complete it though. That was a bit of an anticlimax.

Working my way through special ops.

I'm off to Ireland in 2 weeks. There'f **** all to do there, so i'm taking my old N64 with some new games that I've enever played (like Conkers Bad Fur Day and Banjo Kazooie 2), so I'll be attempting to finish those!

I've been picking my way through one of those Sega Classics Collections of late. It's an almost cathartic experience for me, as I didn't own a console until the PSX and always had to watch on wistfully at my friends' houses as they played their Master Systems and Mega Drives.

Finished Shinobi III last week, I can't get over just how good a game it was. At times infuriating, in that wonderful way that games used to be (really can't imagine I'd have been able to complete it in it's original format without that save function :D) but there was just so much to it. I should have probably found some instructions online or something, as I didn't even realise you could execute a mid-air flying kick until about level 3. :oops:

A week prior I'd completed the first Sonic (again, the first time in my life I'd actually had a decent session on it), I'm just mulling over what to play next. Probably gonna give Comix Zone a go, though I'm open to suggestions. The options are:

• •Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Alex Mother Fuggin Kidd....

Epicly long game with no save function and only ever 3 lives. I remember once as a boy my dad taking a week off work during the summer holidays and trying to complete this game. Only way to save was to press the pause button on the master system console itself, unplug from the TV and cover with a card board box to prevent any1 accidently pressing the off or pause button.

He managed to get to the final level in the castle and managed to hook up the VHS to record his progress only to die right before rescuing whoever it was you were meant to be saving, can never remember... My 6 year old self was devastated for him. Ive never seen my dad cry but i bet if i wasn't there he may have shed a tear.

I love games these days but old schools games were solid.

Alex Mother Fuggin Kidd....

Epicly long game with no save function and only ever 3 lives.

Hehe, your old man should pick up the collection. God bless the save function. 8)

Worth a go, then?

• 4 weeks later...

Captain America: Super Soldier :oops:

First game I've 1000/1000g'd. Borrowed it from work and played it pretty solidly over 3 days, loved every minute :oops:. It's not even that good, unoriginal, stupid, hokey story and acting, not a looker, short, easy, pretty much a cut price Arkham Asylum... And I loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to Ireland in 2 weeks. There'f **** all to do there, so i'm taking my old N64 with some new games that I've enever played (like Conkers Bad Fur Day and Banjo Kazooie 2), so I'll be attempting to finish those!

Tried and failed.

Banjo Kazooie 2 was broken and Conkers Bad Fur Day was shit

I did get halfway through Perfect Dark on Perfect Agent though. Class game.

I think the last game I 'finished' was Catherine. But that was only 1 ending out of the 8. I then started replaying FFXIII with the crazy idea of going for the platinum trophy, can't see me doing it though. Not sure why I even started playing it again, there's a bunch of other things I could replay which would be much better.

Question...

When you lot say that you have completed/finished a game do you mean with 100% trophies/achievements ie you've platinumed it? Or do you mean you've finished the story mode? Personally I wouldn't say that I had finished a game until I had unlocked 100% trophies.

personally just completed story mode, i dont go for 100% on many games, take for example 2 ive finished in the last week, killzone 2 and uncharted 2, both good games but im not playing through uncharted 2 again just to get 50 9mm kills and i hate online trophies that mean you have to do things like be a medic

i like trophies but ill only play to get interesting ones, ill give heavy rain a go over the next couple of weeks to get the rest of them

And even platinuming a game doesn't mean you have 100% of the trophies as the % will include any DLC or added content like the MP in Uncharted 2. I'm same as villa4europe, completed means 'story mode' for me, unless it hasn't got one. Like Gran Turismo for example, which I will never, never 'finish'. **** those 24 hour races man, even in B-Spec

Fair enough, I just wondered thats all.

@hogso, yeah I know what you mean about the platinum for 100% as you can get the platinum trophy on Red Dead Redemption after 50 odd %

I haven't platinumed any of my games but I've got 5 or 6 that I only need to unlock a couple of trophies on. It's just putting the time in to get them that's the problem.

Finished Arkham Asylum last week, been playing on and off for a few years but just decided to do it and complete it, great game, wish id decided to play it through sooner. Still, got me in the mood for Arkham City now!

Â